chapter twenty-three

all is well

merry christmas!! enjoy this update as a gift from me to you <3

min ivy

"where have you been all night?" hara asks as soon as i step foot in the door. i was hoping she wouldn't be here just yet, knowing the mark on my neck was still very much visible. i turn around, smiling sheepishly at her. "holy shit! who hurt you? why didn't you call-"

"no one hurt me, hara." i cut her off, instantly reassuring her.

"oh... oh..." her expression turns into a smirk. "you and jisung are freaky." she giggles. suddenly, a wave of guilt hitting me at her words. but i didn't commit to him yet, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

"not jisung." i tell her. i wanted to tell her about everything, about the dream, the way i've been feeling for minho, everything leading up to the decision so that hopefully, she would understand.

"what? did you get in a fight again?" she frowns.

"not at all." i shake my head.

"then who..." she trails off, pointing to my neck.

"minho."

"what?" she yells.

"let me explain." i throw my hands up defensively. she furrows her eyebrows before nodding and heading to sit on the couch, patting the spot next to her. "so, you know when we invited them over to help with the pool heater?" i start, plopping down next to her.

"yep." she replies.

"well that night... i had a dream..."

"go on..."

"in the dream, i had a threesome with jisung and minho." i tell her, she snorts.

"sorry, keep going." she apologizes, trying to hold in her laughter.

"and ever since then, i couldn't stop thinking about minho in that way... so when jisung asked me to be his girlfriend on our date, i didn't feel comfortable saying yes-"

"you turned him down?" she drops her jaw.

"no, i just told him i needed more time. i didn't feel comfortable committing to him while having such weird emotions towards minho."

"so... you went to fuck minho?" she questions.

"yes. i wanted to make sure it was just lust."

"and?"

"it definitely is just lust. and it should be settled now." i add with a slight chuckle.

"okay... but now what are you gonna do about that? jisung will be pissed when he sees it." she points to my neck.

"i'll wear scarves. minho and i both agreed to not tell him. it didn't mean anything."

"ivy, that definitely was not the best way to do that. i mean, aren't you worried he'll find out?"

"he won't."