chapter ten

third wheeling

min ivy

"hey jisung, hope you weren't waiting too long." minho says, giving jisung's shoulder a squeeze. jisung chuckles, sending me a small wave before replying.

"i just got here, how was class?" he questions. minho walks around to sit across from jisung, and i decide to sit next to jisung.

"class was... class." minho replies. i nod in agreement. an awkward silence quickly fell over us, and i shift uncomfortably in my seat, bouncing a leg as i look anywhere but the two boys. you could practically see the tension in the air. "well this is awkward." minho speaks up. "i'm gonna grab us some food, what do you guys want?" he stands up, looking at us with an eyebrow raised.

"i'll just take a turkey sandwich." jisung tells him with a small smile.

"same here."

"alright, be back in a few." he jokingly salutes and heads over to the food carts.

"i'm sorry, i didn't think it would be so awkward for you to hang out with the two of us." jisung apologizes, placing a hand on my bouncing leg, causing me to stop its movements.

"no it's just that... i don't really know either of you all that well yet." i smile sheepishly at him.

"right, well what do you want to know?" he tilts his head, waiting for me to ask him a question.

"ivy! i need you right now!" a panicked hara suddenly starts shaking my shoulders. "hi jisung, i need to steal her." she gives me no time to protest as she pulls me from the seat, dragging me through the dining hall.

"but my sandwich!" i pout, not even getting a chance to see how jisung reacted.

"it can wait, this will only take a second." she says as she turns the corner, moving us out of sight from the hall.

"what is it?" i question.

"that girl... garam... she goes here." she explains, slightly out of breath.

"okay?" i cock an eyebrow at her, confused as to why this was such a big deal.

"we have anatomy together." she adds.

"that's great?" i question, still unsure of her point. hara groans in frustration.

"she was eye-fucking me the whole time, ivy! the whole time!" she yells, i was sure anyone who was nearby would have heard her.

"is that a bad thing?"

"yes! i can't focus when she's looking at me like that!" she roughly shakes me back and fourth.

"okay! okay! what do you want me to do about it?" i place my own hands on her shoulders, trying to calm her down.

"how do i initiate anything with her?"

"wait you guys haven't done anything yet?" i widen my eyes in shock.

"i mean... we've kissed, but nothing more! and i need to do something more otherwise i'm going to fail anatomy." she groans. i couldn't help but laugh at her.