Rehearsals

Janet POV

What am I doing? Was I really checking out this kid? Was I throwing my ass back on him? Maybe.... I need to get myself together. Okay I definitely have a type. And he is definitely it. He was so sweet the way he stumbled around on his words trying to speak to me. It still trips me out how I have that affect on people. I still have never gotten used to being famous and just try to take it all in stride.

As I've said it's been a while since I got any. Like probably since Wissam and that wasn't even that good compared to what I've had in the past. Caring for Eissa, planning the upcoming tour, and promos had taken so much out me that I didn't have any time for any type of self care. Sure I had my vibrator, but it just didn't do it for me all the time and I needed some real companionship. Or maybe I just needed some dick. I had no idea where I would get that at this time. I just didn't trust anyone and people talk. I didn't want my business out there. Sure I could call Jermaine, but did I really want to open that door again. I knew he'd be more than willing especially after I saw his interview with the Shade Room some time ago. He was talking all kinds of crazy like he could get me back. I knew he was still single and probably pining for me. He knew he fucked up. I am glad that we are at least in a good space and friends. As far as relationships, Jermaine would have been the closest to a relationship that actually may have worked. Hmm....maybe he can just be a back up if I get desperate. If I get desperate....

Practice finally ended and everything went well. Thankfully I remembered most of the routines for some songs I hadn't done in a while. The guys had long been gone. Gilly and I were hanging out in the dance studio lounging and going over the tour details.

"Janet do you want to change up this routine? Are you good with the formation or do you want to freshen it up? What are you thinking?" Gil asked.

Gil was calling my name, but I didn't even hear him I had completely spaced out and was thinking about Darius. It took him tapping me on my shoulder and waving his hand for me to realize he was speaking to me.

"Uh sure. I think that will work for now. I think I want it scaled down and about the fans. I'm not sure what direction to go in for costumes though..."

"You good? You seem really distracted and anxious right now" Gil said looking at me.

"Y..Yeah...I'm good. Just tired. You'd think I'd be used to this after so many years." I sighed.

Gil just looked at me sideways. "I know it's something else going on, but I'll leave that lie alone for now."

"I swear it's nothing else!"

"Mhmm...sure booty" he said pausing. "Sooooo I noticed that you got a little chemistry going on with the new guy. He is pretty cute." He stated giving more side eye.

"Seriously Gil? It was just practice and dancing. Nothing else." I glanced at him....did he believe me?

"Yeahhhh okay girl. Look I say if you want it go ahead and do it. Do you. You know my policy. Can't go through this life being unhappy. Or without a good dick."

"You a mess!" I laughed.

He was of course right. He knows me so well. I am agitated and horny. Ugh! We went over stuff for a while and finally I couldn't discuss anything else. I was so exhausted. Thankfully Eissa was with my brother, Randy, and I could get some rest when I got back to the hotel.

"Gil I'm done. Can we finish tomorrow?"

"Sure booty. You sure you good?"

"Yeah I'm fine. I just need rest. We have to get up early to do some promo at some of talk shows tomorrow. So I'll see you in the morning. Joey is taking me to the hotel."

"Ok sweetie."

Joey took me back to the hotel

Joey took me back to the hotel. I was presently soaking in the tub. Who knew this would be my life. Don't get me wrong I'm so blessed and have the sweetest son. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for him. But having so many failed marriages and relationships, I just couldn't help to think am I the problem. I know I can very strong willed. Hey, I'm a Taurus! But I always felt people only wanted to get close to me due to me being famous and not wanting to really know the true me. Why was life so complicated?

Dario POV

Practices were going really well for the last couple weeks. Of course, I got to see a lot more of Janet and spend some time with her. We had a few moments of just small conversation or she would get my input on a part of the routine. Nothing else major. I was finding myself liking her more and more. I was just dying to have some one on one with her, but it just didn't seem possible. She was always very busy or had her team around her.

The guys and I were currently going to grab a bite to eat after a long session. We had decided to just get tacos and were getting seated at a table. For the most part, the guys and I would go our separate ways and just crash then do it all over again the following day. Practices were just that grueling.

"Dario, man you been killing it! I'm surprised you caught on so quick." Maniek stated.

"What you tryin' to say man? I got skills okay!" I chuckled.

"You aight" Maniek laughed.

"Whatever man don't hate" I also laughed.

"Yeah I also seen you getting comfortable with Mama J. Don't think we didn't notice." Denzel commented smirking.

"Dude it isn't even like that! She hella cool and she's really nice. And I like to keep it professional."

"Yeah okay it's professional alright...." Guero said giving a side eye with a head tilt and a smirk.

"Whatever man y'all are funny."

They continued the conversation about the various topics. They were excitedly discussing what they could do in all the cities they visited if they had time in between. I wasn't paying attention to the conversation and started thinking about Janet. I didn't know what it was about her, but I felt drawn to her. It was more than physical. It was just her general aura and she seemed like a genuine person. Don't get me wrong I'd tap that for sure if she let me. Of course this was from minimal conversations during rehearsals. I feel like I could read people pretty well. Also some may say that with the age difference it was weird, but I didn't care about any of that.

Getting home later as I laid in bed, I still couldn't stop thinking about her. I couldn't wait for the next rehearsal so I could see her again. The opportunity to spend one on one with her would come sooner than I thought.

****************************************************
Like/Comment/Vote