Taking Chances

Janet POV

Thankfully the conversation picked up from there. He was definitely down about his parents. It was sad to see him have to go through what he was going through. And I understood having gone through something like that myself. 

We talked about our childhoods, favorite foods and music, to favorite interests. Even touched base on politics and things going on in the world. He was so smart and had a good outlook on things. He was positive and seemed to have a good heart. It was crazy how the conversation just flowed and was natural. We played around with each other trying to catch popcorn in our mouths or throwing it at each other acting silly. It was comfortable. I was glad that we had this time together. He always seemed nervous and jumpy around me and he was opening up more with it just being us. I couldn't believe that I was opening up to him like this. I never did this. With anyone! I was just so comfortable around him. He put me at ease like I could talk about anything and not be judged. Thinking about him calling me "ma" earlier had me blushing again.

"You good?"

"You good?"

"Yeah I'm fine," I giggled. I felt light around him. He grinned. I think he felt it too.

"So what do you think about being on tour. It's been a while right?"

"Yeah I wasn't sure I wanted to do it, but Gil convinced me. The last tour "State of the World" was very therapeutic for me post my divorce. I wasn't sure how my fans would respond, but they were welcoming and supportive. So I figured why not do another one even though I have only come out with one song."

"What's your favorite part about touring you think?"

"Oh...let me think... probably just going city to city and experiencing new things. Plus again I have the best fan base. I love interacting with the fans. I missed my fans."

"Yeah I could see that. I wanted to tell you I really appreciate you giving me the chance to go on this journey with you."

"No need to thank me. You put in the work and it shows. That is why you were picked."

"So this might be a little out there or forward, but do...do you want to hang out with me and explore the city since we are here."

"Are you asking me out?"

"Uh no....well maybe? I mean...it's just us as friends hanging out. I don't want to make you uncomfortable or cross a line. You're still my boss."

"I'm just playing with you. And it would be us hanging out as friends. Yeah we can hang out as long as you good with my security being there. Since everyone knows I'm here I won't have any privacy."

"Yeah I could see that. I'll figure something out for us, if you cool with that?"

"Sure that'll be fine."

I'm not sure where everyone else was and frankly I didn't care at this moment. We were just having a good time.  Finally realizing that it was super late, I stood up.