Touring and Apprehension

Dario POV

We were still hard at work rehearsing trudging through. This continued for a few more weeks. Gil, Dean, and Luther were constantly on us. Although we did have moments of being silly and having fun. So it wasn't all bad. I found out that Janet was a lot of fun and actually really silly. Sometimes it would be hard to get through a routine because she was playing around so much. I knew once the tour started we would have fun and she wasn't stuck up like a lot singers who felt they were all that. She was hella cool and down to earth.

It was finally time to hit the road

It was finally time to hit the road. We were getting everything packed in the bus. We finally finished late afternoon. Sure we would stop along the way, but we had to go shopping for snacks and stuff like that and our own personal stuff that was needed. It took forever. There was also last minute costume adjustments. I had no idea going on a tour was so labor intensive and time consuming. We were eventually on the road and almost at our destination.

It also turned out that Janet would be on the bus with us. She liked traveling with everyone and only flew if needed. To say I was excited is an understatement. I was hopeful that we would get to know each other more. So far she hasn't done or said anything. She hasn't shown any interest in me outside of our first encounter. We did have a few more instances of conversation which was nice. So I was getting to know her more. Of course people were always around. But it was cool.

The first show was tonight in Florida and I was so anxious. I prayed everything went well. We were currently in our dressing room changing and stretching with Tony, the trainer.

"Guero I think I'ma throw up man. How y'all do this?"

"You'll be aight man. Chill out!" he chuckled.

"I'm tryin man. This is intense! I'll be back."

I had to get away for a sec to regroup. I went down the hall and went by Janet's dressing room. It just so happened that the door was open. So she must have seen me go by. I was trying to not hyperventilate.

Janet POV

Preston was doing finishing touches to my makeup. Gil was currently going over last minute changes with lighting and stage effects with me.

"Yeah this looks fine. We can go with that and see how it'll work for this first show."

"Ok booty that's fine. I'll let the production team know."

Out of the corner of my eye I could have sworn I saw Darius run by. What was going on?

"Hey, I'll be right back Gil."

I went quickly in the direction Darius went before Gil even said anything. He was in a small side room by himself leaning over breathing deeply.

"Hey are you okay?!" I inquired rubbing his back.

"Yeah I'm okay just trying to get myself together. I've never been in front of a crowd this big. I think I'ma be sick" he confessed.

"Oh!" I laughed.