Troubled Thoughts

Janet POV

"Dunk you killed that performance! That was a good show

"Dunk you killed that performance! That was a good show."

"Thanks Gilly." I said sighing.

"What's up with you?" Gil and Preston were currently in the dressing room with me getting ready to get on the bus to go to New Orleans. I started grabbing my clothes and placing them in a bag. I had already taken a shower and just wanted to try and relax. Preston was organizing all of my makeup. Gil grabbed my costumes and shoes. Gil was really just there to bother me like usual.

"Nothing."

"It's something. You and D good?" Pres asked. I ended up telling Pres a few weeks prior. He was gonna find out eventually. He of course was happy and so excited for us when he found out.

"Yeah we're fine."

"So what is it?" Gil stopped what he was doing looking at me.

"I don't know. It's like things are too good... I'm so used to things being crazy and haywire in my relationships. I'm just waiting on something to mess it up. Screw it up. Fuck it up. I'm waiting for him to say he cheated or had some thot give him head and it's not considered cheating. I'm waiting for him to start changing. To become more violent."

"Wow Dunk!! That is not Dario at all. He is the nicest person ever. I mean I could see him being angry or pissed if you take him there, but I don't think he would ever do those things to you." Gil exclaimed.

"But people start out that way and can change."

"Okay let's be real...with Jermaine I could definitely see him being that way. I mean he's a hoe. I wasn't there for Rene or James, but from what you told me it sounds like he was feeling himself when you got more famous. So okay I can see that. And James...do we even count him anymore. Wissam...that was a hot ass mess. He definitely had me fooled. Otherwise you and him would have never happened."

"Yeah I know, but I got my baby boy from that situation."

"True! I love my nephew. Listen take it day by day. He really seems genuine Booty. He really likes you. And I mean for you, not cause you Janet Jackson."

"Yeah...yeah he does."

"Listen we bout to go to New Orleans and have a few days with no shows. Let's let loose and drink and have fun Dunk. Please? You deserve it. I want you to let loose for a change and don't go being fake about it." Gil grabbed me shaking me hard.

"Okay!!! Fine...I'll have fun." I laughed.

"I'm serious!" he shook me some more.

"Okay I promise!" He let go of me as I laughed some more.

"Who's gonna have my nephew?"

"He'll be with Rebbie and Latoya. They'll get him when we get there. I didn't want him with us anyway when we went to New Orleans. I don't know how crazy ya'll gonna get."