Not A Date

Dario POV

She just stared at me. It made me crack up.

"Come on girl." Grabbing her hand I pulled her towards the trail.

"Joey we'll see you later. I'll text you when we start making our way back."

"Joey! Don't leave me!"

"Girl stop come on!" I said exasperated.

"You guys have fun," Joey winked at us.

She just stood there.

"What?!"

"This is your idea? For a date?"

"Uh yes. Let's go girl. Plus you said this wasn't a date. It's an outing." I laughed. She peered at me sideways.

"Ugh fine!"

We walked for a couple of miles through trees and bushes. The trail was a lot more challenging than I thought it would be. Janet was a good sport...for the most part and kept up. I wasn't sure if she even did anything like this. I just wanted to do something different then she would ordinarily do.

"You good Janet?"

"Yeah I'm fine," she huffed. I laughed.

I'm glad she listened and dressed appropriately. She had on a baseball hat, long shirt, jeans, and hiking boots. Even in something so simple she looked gorgeous.

Once around a bend we reached a clearing. I picked this spot on purpose. No one came out here from what I researched and you could really enjoy the wildlife and scenery.

I reached for her hand again helping her over some more tree roots.

Once we fully reached the clearing it brought us to a beach and there was a good spot for a blanket past the grass which I so happened to have

Once we fully reached the clearing it brought us to a beach and there was a good spot for a blanket past the grass which I so happened to have. I placed it down. The blanket was pretty big so we had plenty room to relax and spread out. There was absolutely no one here. Again I wasn't expecting the trail to be as treacherous as it was. That explained why no one really came out here. The hike was worth it though. It was perfect.

"Come on sit and rest."

She plopped down breathing heavily. She took off her hat and pulled her hair out of its ponytail shaking her hair out. She also took off her long sleeve shirt. She had a tank top underneath.

"Why you tired? It wasn't that bad." I snickered.

"Yeah maybe for you" she scoffed.