ch-19

" What is happening?" Aranya asked with scared voice.

   " Till I am here, you don't need to worry about it, ok? I will not let anything happen to you as long as I am alive. Just stay there and don't make any move. Samar must be coming and soon we will get out from here." Sidharth consoled her while driving his special edition top class Mercedes with full speed in zigzag pattern to prevent them from firing bullets. Heavy rain, darkness and car's speed that too in zigzag style was their saviour at that moment.

   Aranya was praying to God to help them. At that moment, one bullet hit the last tire of Sidharth's car and his car almost lost the balance but he somehow managed and looked towards Aranya. The fear and tears in her eyes was killing him and it had woken up the beast inside him. There was fiery rage in his eyes. He took out his gun from car's shelf and from one hand shot directly to the person who was firing towards them nonstop. His shot got missed by inches but he somehow got perfect aim and shot back again. This time he manged to hurt him on his arms then he aimed at car's tiers and it aimed perfectly in one shot. There were two cars, and 4 persons,he noticed. After firing back to back shot to one car, he aimed at second car too but he could not hold it for so long with his small gun and that too while concentrating on driving with full speed in such heavy rain with already punctured tier. He knew soon they will overtake them and then it's over because they have fully loaded guns with themselves. He was not scared for himself but for Aranya.

   " Samar,come fast. They are almost close and I can't hold them for so long." He shouted again, this time with fear looking towards Aranya.

   He held Aranya's hands from one hand and clasped it.

  " Please don't cry. I promise, nothing will happen to you. We don't have much time.They will overtake us anytime soon.
There is a shortcut road after few meters and it's covered with big trees and boulders. No one usually goes there. I will take my car to that road and slow down it. You have to open the door and jump then hide behind some big tree and stay there till Samar doesn't arrive ok? Meanwhile, I will keep driving to distract them, got it?"He instructed Aranya about his plan.

  " But what about you? Why can't you also jump and hide till we don't get any help?" Aranya countered back with teary voice.

  " No, I can't because I need to distract them or else both of our lives will be in danger. In this way, atleast you will be safe and that is most important thing for me and it's final. No more debate on this, am I clear?" Sidharth shouted on her.

   Aranya shook her head and more tears flowed from her eyes. Sidharth looked at her and felt more disheartened.

  " I am extremely sorry but your safety is my top most priority and I can't risk it at any cost. Don't worry about me. If you will be safe then I will be also safe. Just do as I am saying and please don't argue on this because we don't have time for arguments." Sidharth pleaded to her with teary voice and rubbed her hands with his fingers too give her comfort.

   Sidharth realised that road almost came and he slowed down his car and was about to enter into that area because he couldn't drive with full speed in that muddy and narrow side road but at that very moment one bullet came and hit his arms but didn't penetrate it and hit the front windshield of the car. Sidharth lost balance of the car and his head hit the steering wheel. Aranya shrieked in fear and tried to hold him. At that moment, Samar came. When Sidharth heard his voice, it gave him strength to fight back.
Although his head and arms were bleeding but still he was conscious.

   " Samar, we don't have time. Take Aranya with you and take her home safely. She is your biggest responsibility at this moment. Leave few people here with me to keep them distracted. Am I clear?" Sidharth ordered him.