ch-28

Aranya was almost on sleeping mode but her phone started ringing. She opened her eyes with irritation but the moment she saw her mother's number, she immediately sat upright and received the call.

   " Hi mom, how are you?" Aranya asked her with big smile.

   " Forget about me, tell me about you. You promised me that you will call me back and I was waiting for it but you didn't so finally I called myself. Now tell me everything. What's happening sweetheart? Saree, special dinner and all. What's going on? I want all the details." Her mother asked with a teasing smile.

   " Nothing is going on mom. It's just that I did some good work and Sidharth planned a dinner to appreciate my work. It was so sudden and I didn't have time to decide anything. I went for a quick shopping and salesgirl told me that I should try saree and convinced me. I didn't have a choice so I just tried and asked your opinion. You told me that I was looking good in that so I chose that to wear as I didn't have much time to look for something else. Then we went to dinner, ate our foods and came back home few minutes back and now I was going to sleep just before you called. That's it, here I gave you all the details."
Aranya said to her mother

    " Sidharth had planned special dinner to celebrate your achievement? How sweet of him. Aranya, can I ask you something? Will you answer me honestly sweetheart?" Her mother asked her.

   " Mom it was very casual dinner and Sidharth planned it as my boss to encourage and appreciate my work Anyways, you can ask me anything. You don't need permission for it." Aranya replied.

   " Sweetheart, if we keep aside how he forced you to get married to him for a moment, would you have consider Sidharth as your life partner if you had met him in normal circumstances? What I am trying to say is, everything happens for a reason in our life. We humans with our little knowledge only can see what happened at the moment but not why it happened. In a long run only we get to see the real purpose of all the unexpected events which happens with us. I hope you are getting what I am trying to say. I talked about this when I was there too. Please darling, think about what I am saying seriously,ok?" Her mother said to her.

   " Mom, I am feeling really sleepy. Can we please talk later?" Aranya said with tired voice. She was not lying. Her mind was almost reached to sleeping mode when her mother called. She was trying to keep her eyes open with so much difficulty and the topic of discussion was making it more difficult for her. She didn't want to go into that zone at that moment considering already messed up situation of her mind and heart.

   "I am so sorry darling. Please go to sleep, we will talk later. Good night and take care." Her mother said.

  " Good night mom and passed it to dad also. Love you, bye." She said and disconnected the call.

    After that she immediately closed her eyes to sleep before her mind venture into some other things.

    On other side, Sidharth was just tossing and turning on the bed unable to sleep. Whenever he used to close his eyes, Aranya's image in that beautiful saree used to come in front of him and made him restless.

   " What the hell is wrong with me?" He asked to his frustrated self by holding his head.

   First office incident and then Aranya wearing that beautiful saree, doing all those extra efforts for their dinner; all these things were messing his mind. Earlier he made peace with the fact that she was not the same girl anymore whom he knew and the fact that she was angry with him made it easy for him to keep his mind and heart in control. But from last few days, the way she was behaving so normally with him and her changed attitude towards him, was creating havoc in his life. He was afraid, he will lose control on his heart and God only knows what blunder it will do?