ch-25

Next day:-

  Aranya came down for breakfast. Her parents were already seated on the dining table.

   " Good morning mom and dad" she wished and hugged them.

  " Good morning, sweetheart. We were waiting for you only. It was really nice coming here and seeing you but as you know, we can't stay here for so long. So, we are going back to home today. Our flight is in afternoon. I can't wait to see you back in home after few months. Till then, please take care of yourself and don't worry about anything ok?" Ayesha said to Aranya.

  " But mom, how you guys can go just like that. It's not even a week" Aranya protested.

  " I know darling but we don't have a choice. Few days back only we returned from our annual break so now we can't afford anymore breaks. Our patients are waiting for us. We can't keep them waiting so we have to go. Please don't mind it and take care of yourself. Soon, you will be at home without any trouble, ok? Till then please take care of yourself and we will talk daily." Ravindra replied.

  Before Aranya could reply anything, Sidharth entered in the house. He was busy on his phone and didn't realise that people were sitting on dining table. He was directly going towards his room but Ayesha called out him name. He got taken aback by hearing his name all of sudden. He had not expected anyone to present there but now having no options left, he went towards them. He was feeling little nervous seeing their gazes fixed on him.

   " Good morning Mr and Mrs Gujral. You guys are doing breakfast this much early?" He asked formally and tried to act normal.

  " Good morning Sidharth. It's 8 am now and I don't think it's early. Forget this, if you don't mind, may I ask you where were you last night? You arranged such a nice dinner for us and went missing? I would have loved it more if you too would have joined us and why you didn't come home last night? I even tried your number but it was switched off and why are you looking like you have not slept well? Is everything ok?" Ayesha bombarded with her questions.

      All members present there were looking at each other with shocked expressions including staff. Ravindra wanted to scold his wife for intruding into his personal life too much. Aranya wanted to hide herself thinking of Sidharth's reaction of such interrogation as she had seen no one used to ask him anything. The most bizzare expressions were on Sidharth's face. He didn't know how he should feel about it. For last few years only bade hukum and Samaira used to ask him about his well-being and he had not expected that anyone apart from both of them will ever bother about him or his well being. He wanted to feel good but knowing that it was just temporary and a formality, he didn't want to give himself any hope. So he made up his mind and became serious.

   " That dinner I had arranged for only  your family ma'am and I had some important work which I couldn't afford to miss just for a dinner that too where I was not supposed to be present. I am perfectly fine, please don't worry about me. I have to go for another important meeting so please excuse me. Have a nice day." Sidharth said to Ayesha with no nonsense tone without looking at her and went away from there.

   Ravindra and Aranya both felt his behaviour rude. Although, Aranya knew this but still she was feeling irritated the way he talked with her mother.

  " Ayesha, what was the need to interrogate him? Now happy? How many times I have to tell you to not get carried away easily in anyone's matter but you never listen to me." Ravindra scolded his wife.

    " Can you recall Ravi, how you behave when you are not happy about something or something is troubling you and you want to avoid that discussion? and still I can figure out everytime that there is something fishy." Ayesha asked from her husband.