ch-27

Aranya was still feeling awkward by thinking of the encounter happened in the office. Apart from that, one more thing was worrying her. It was Sidharth's
dinner plan. It was first time he had said something like that. She was so confused what she should do about it. On one side, she wanted to go as it was very nice of him to celebrate her achievement but on other side she was feeling awkward because of their weird arrangement.
Finally, she made up her mind to go as he had invited her as her boss. She decided to give her confirmation to him but with some conditions. So, she texted him...

   "I will come for dinner on only one condition...it won't be something like how it was at my parents's time. You won't do any special arrangements or private dinner of just 2 of us. We will go to a normal restaurant with other people around it. If you will agree then only I will come or else I will happily eat my dinner at home. Let me know".

    Sidharth read that message with stoic face and replied ok as he didn't have any other options. After getting Sidharth's plain reply, Aranya started feeling anxious as too many thoughts bombarded in her mind at same time. One tiny part was little disappointed at his simple "ok". Other small part was recalling all the dresses in her wardrobe to select for the dinner and came at conclusion that she had nothing "good" to wear. Other small part reminded her that she didn't go to the parlour since very long and didn't follow her regular skincare routine due to extra work load in last few days. Other part reminded her that she only had some odd 5 hours left to prepare herself for dinner. After going through all these thoughts, she felt like pulling her hairs and crying her heart out.

    " Why on earth my mind didn't think of all this before agreeing to his plan? If I know him even a little bit then I am sure he will go to some extra fancy restaurant and in my current state, I will look like a zombie there and will make a fool of myself specially with him by my side as he always looks prim and proper. Now what to do? How the hell I will buy an appropriate dress and go to parlour in such short time? God, why you display on regular basis that how much you hate me?" Aranya was talking in her mind and was growing more anxious with every passing second.

    " Aranya, stop cribbing like a baby sitting here. Every second is precious and you have to act fast if you don't want to make a fool of yourself in front of him and that supposed fancy restaurant's people." Her mind retorted to her and she stood up instantly on her place.

   " Yes, every second is valuable. I can't give up like this." Aranya said to herself and called Mr Murthy to ask for release before usual office time due to some "important" work. He agreed and she felt like she won first stage of battle and now she decided to go for the next stage.

   Aranya left office in hurry and went to nearest mall to look for a good dress. She decided to go into mall's parlour if she will be able to find good dress in reasonable time. Aranya entered inside mall and started her mission. She saw the advertisement of her favourite clothing brand in ground floor. It brought a big smile on her face and she ran towards lift to go on that floor.  She was walking hurriedly to go that shop as it was in last corner of the floor, suddenly she stopped at one store. It was an Indian ethnic brand shop and there was a female mannequin wearing a saree of red and white colour. She had seen some of her colleagues wearing beautiful sarees in her office and it tempted her once or twice to try it some day as she had never wore them. Now after seeing that beautiful saree in display in front of her, her mind was coaxing her to try this option. Somewhere, her heart too agreed with her mind as it suggested her that Sidharth might like it as he himself wears traditional outfits frequently.

       Aranya's didn't realise when her feet itself took her inside that shop. Sales girl asked her about her choice of clothes but Aranya didn't say anything and just pointed towards that mannequin. Within minutes, salesgirl, gave her other piece of same saree to try out. Aranya took it with hesitant hands then she asked her if she can help her as she didn't know how to wear it. Salesgirl agreed and took her to trial room. After some good few minutes, Aranya felt exhausted. She decided to drop the idea of wearing it today and wear her normal clothes as she felt like she won't be able to walk properly wearing it and will make a fool of herself in front of him. She was about to say this to salesgirl but before her that girl spoke..