1

(Jake)

He sends chills down my spine to the core every time he walks past me. When he looks at me, I just can't think straight.

"Hurry up, let's go!" Mr. Ricky yelled.

All of the boys in the locker room rushed to change their clothes. They all passed around a bottle of cologne to attract the girls'. Their methods barely worked, because the girls didn't really pay them that much attention.

I close my locker and turn around to see Santiago, the most handsome guy in my class. He was looking at me for a brief moment, before turning away. A lot-and I mean A LOT of girls were hanging off of him and were being dragged at his feet-some guys too! To make it even worse, I was one of those people who admired him. In class, he would sit in front of me and I would even draw a picture or two of his perfect face.

Mr. Ricky ushered all of the boys out of the locker room and took us out into the gym. Everyone sat on the floor and waited for intrustions. A sudden voice jumped out at me, "Hey, Jake!"

I look to my right side and I saw my friend right next to me, Damien. Damien was always a pretty loyal friend. We would always challenge each other to do things when were little, so I figured he would be the perfect friend that could stick to my side.

"What?" I answered, obviously startled.

He looked at me with a dumb expression on his face that told me right then that he was going to ask me something stupid. Damien was always the loud type. I never really had a problem with his loudness, except when it comes to times like these...

"Who are you aiming for?" He asked me curiously.

I looked around the gym and everyone around was dead silent to hear my answer.

I tried to be coy by asking, "Aim? What do you mean?"

He looks at me annoyed. He was probably upset cause he knew that I didn't want to answer his question. He repeated himself slowly, "Who are you planning to date?"

I covered my face in embarressment. At that moment, the entire gym was staring at me, waiting for me to answer his question. I took a deep breath and looked at him and tried to answer calmy, "Sofia..."

The entire gym turned into a party of monkeys. Everyone screamed and yelled.

I said the first name that popped up in my head. And 'Sofia' was it.

"Wait, really?" Damien questioned me confused, "I didn't know you liked Sofia"

Sofia was sitting a few feet away from me, and she heard everything. I don't wanna break her heart, but I really don't like her like that. Sofia was always the quiet type, who would sit in the library and read.

She looked up at me and her face blushed red. I looked to my left, and a few meters away, Santiago sitting there, motionless. He was smirking at me like he didn't believe my words.

It was so hard to make eye contact with him. He was giving me this almost indescribable look, "I know youre lying, JJ..."

He akwardly ran his hand through his hair, while leaning back. I always found everything that he did hot.

Mr. Ricky let us play basketball and I was so happy. Basketball was my favorite sport. Mr. Ricky assigned teams. I was kind of sad. that I wasn't the team captain, but I shrugged my shoulders. I was in team one and the other kids were on team two.

Santiago was the team captain on team two and he stared at the coach intently, waiting for him to blow the whistle.

Mr. Ricky blew the whistle and everyone spread out on the court. I am rather smaller than the other kids. It's very easy to trample all over me without noticing.

Suddenly, I felt a sudden force on back. Someone had shoved me and right then, my body was facing the sky.

My vision blurred and I heard someone's voice call out to me, "JJ, are you okay?!" The voice seemed a bit upset.

My double vision merged into one and I looked up at the person that was standing over at me. Santiago was standing over me, and he looked upset. He didn't look upset with me, but with the situation. He held his hand out for me.