12

(Jake)

He fiddled with his rings as he sat next to me. He seemed nervous or anxious? I really didn't have a clue. I kept to myself and stared out of the window.

I gazed at the trees. They were changing to yellow, orange, and red; the normal colors of autumn.

Santiago reached in his pocket and pulled out his phone. He glanced at me and noticed me looking at him. He opened a few random apps on his phone and closes them out. He sighed and said, "There's something wrong with this stupid phone..."

I looked at his phone and it seemed to be fine. I asked him, "What exactly is wrong with your phone?" I looked up at his face and back at the phone to analyze for any damage.

He then says, "I think it's malfunctioning." He taps the screen a bit more and shuts his phone off in annoyance.

"Why do you think that?" I questioned him.

He looked at me innocently and said, "Because your number's not in it."

I burst out laughing at the sound of the pick up line that he came up with. He most likely found it on the internet, but let's just said he made it up for now. "You did all that just to ask for my number?" I asked while chuckling.

He nodded his head, "Yes. Yes, I know it sounded cringy, but that's what I'm here for."

He grabbed my knee and looked deeply into my eyes. His hands were so big compared to my knees. His hand was at least twice the size of my head. He said in a low voice, "So, can I get your number, now?"

The funny thing is, I don't have a phone. I just smiled with a funny look on my face and looked back out of the window. He was bewildered by this and asked again, "Why can't I have your number?!"

I kept looking at the window, trying to ignore his cute puppy face. He kept begging me and grabbing my knees until I finally broke, "I don't have a phone."

He stopped and looked at me in shock. He then started to talk again, "Wait, really?"

"Yeah, I really don't have a phone."

He looked so stunned to hear me say something like that. He then got himself together and told me, "Don't worry, I'll buy you one from the store."

The driver pulled into a driveway. It was a long, paved road that was surrounded by trees. There were so many plants out there. There were fruit trees, berry bushes, vegetable vines, and many more things. Almost any plant that you could think of, he had it.

The driver pulled up to the bronze, double doors and came to a stop. He then got out of the drivers seat and proceeded to open the door for us. Santiago nodded at him and said, "Thanks, Bill." as he walked past him.

Santiago led me up the stairs to the double doors and opened it for me. When he opened the door, I was instantly struck by awe. I saw a giant ballroom-like living room with marble floors and almost everywhere had gold. The furniture was made of leathers and velvets. There was a giant snow tiger rug on the floor and it looked so expensive, so I avoided stepping on it.

The living room had a huge chandelier that hung from the ceiling. The chandelier looked like it was made with crystals and diamonds. That chandelier looked like it cost more than my entire house. There were two staircases that curved down from the second floor onto the main floor.

Santiago walked up the first flight of stairs and when we got up there it was a ton of hallways that were filled with fully furnished rooms and decor. Every inch of the place was covered in expensive stones and gold.

Santiago walked up the second flight of stairs and we were on the third floor. From all that walking, I was out of breath. The third floor wasn't too different from the other two floors. Santiago walked down one of the hallways of the third floor and led me to his room.

He lives like a king. He had this huge room all to himself. His room had a bed that was way larger than a king size. His room was so large that it seemed to be two stories. He had almost everything a person could want. He had a gaming station, rows of bookshelves, a walk-in bathroom, and a huge flatscreen television. In the center of it all, there was a white baby grand piano. Everything sparkled. Everything shined.

"So, what do you think?" His voice calls out to me, "Are you impressed?"

His voice sounded chill and confident, showing off his house. I wouldn't expect less from a rich guy like him.

"It's nice," I say, "I didn't know you play the piano."

He laughs slightly, "I do play, but I never have the time anymore."

I look up at him, challenging him, "Can you play it right now?"
I really wanted to see him play. I wanted to watch him glow while he did his thing.

He sighs heavily, "Okay, just for you."

He walks over to the bench and sits down. He stretches his arms out and positions his fingers, getting ready to play. He presses down on the key and begins to play a melody.

Moonlight Sonata.

He wasn't even focused on me anymore, he was focused on keeping his rhythm. I leaned over the piano and watched his fingers do magic as he played the melody with ease.

I watched as the afternoon sun was shining on him through the window. He really did shine.

He finishes and then looks at me, "Are you satisfied?"

I nodded my head in amazement. He smiles and then gets up. Santiago walks over to his closet, which was double the size of my room and grabbed some clothes, "Here, you can change into these."

I looked at the clothes, it was a full pajama set from Gucci. Again, he gave me something out of my price range, "The shower's down the hall, to the left."