34

NSFW Warning!

(Narrator)

Christmas break was coming about. All of the students ran around like animals. They were all excited to get some time off of school. Of course, there was a classroom party. Everyone had to bring something to pass around and share with everyone. Santiago was in a good mood today and he wanted to give a little gift to the class...

"Oh my gosh, Santiago, did you bake these?!" A girl shouted in confusion.

Santiago finished passing out his snack of choice, cookies, and sat down at his seat. He looked at the girl and subtly nodded his head.

Next, it was Jake's turn to pass around some gifts for everyone. Jake pulled out a cloth bag from his backpack. The jingle from inside made everyone curious about what was inside. Jake started off with the first person sitting in front, Sandra.
Jake reached into the bag and pulled out a mini figurine attached to a ring. "Where did you get these from?" Sandra asked.

Jake scratched his head nervously and answered, "I didn't really get them from anywhere. I made them."

Sandra looked back down at the handmade keychain and jingles the figurine some more.

Next up was Greyson. The teacher called his name and he stood up with a bag of goodies. He started with the first person on his row. He handed a pen to Presley. Presley examined the pen with considerable thoughts in his head, "Pens?"

A puzzled girl asked Greyson, "Why did you bring pens?"

Greyson looks up from what he was doing and calmly answered her question, "Because I'm sick and tired of people asking me for one."

The girl sits back in her seat dumbstruck.

The person after Greyson was Lana. She grabbed a box from the side of her chair and brought it to the front of the class. She started passing out her gifts starting with her friends first. She handed a pair of socks to each person in the room.

Zander stands up and asks, "Just why in the hell did you bring socks?!"

Lana laughs and sits down in her seat. "You didn't answer my question!" Zander continued to run his mouth. The teacher interrupted him and said, "Since you're already standing up, you can go ahead and pass out your things."

Zander huffs and grabs a large folder from his backpack. He annoyed, walks to the first person in his row and passes out some cards. Each card was different for each person.

Cameron looked at his card and he was shocked to see what was on it. Cameron blushed out of shyness and looked at Zander. Zander looked back at him and Cameron turned away in embarrassment.

After school, the students scurry away in a rush to get home for the Christmas break. Jake stands outside, shivering in the cold. Santiago comes up behind him...

(Jake)

I feel warmth around my arms. Someone placed their large palms around my shoulders. "Need to warm up?" The voice asked me in a whisper.

I knew who was talking to me. I nodded my head. He opened his rather large coat and pulled me into it with him. When he did this, I felt all of his body heat rubbing off on me. It felt good. It was comforting and it was way better than freezing to death.

"Why'd you come to school in shorts?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow, "Are you trying to get my attention with a hot summer boy look?"
He gave me a huge smirk and he lowered his head onto my shoulder to get a better look at my face. I didn't have any good clothes so I just wore shorts.

"I thought it was going to be warmer than this..."

He sighs and gets off of my shoulder. A group of guys walk up to us. I recognize their European accents from anywhere.

***

(Cameron)

It broke my heart to find out that I have to move. It hurts the most because I'm in love. And of all people I am in love with, it is Zander Haste. He banged me in the bathroom once. And only once. For the past few weeks I've wanted him to do it again. I feel so guilty that I haven't told him yet. My body acted on its own.

I spot Zander hitting his pen and puffing on the side of the courtyard. He look tired. Tired of life. He also looked beautiful. He looked like the most perfect creature on earth. The way his lips dance when he talks. The look he give me when we...

I try to pull my thoughts together but I can't . I found myself running up to him. "Zander...there's something I need to tell you."

***

(Zander)

He looked like he was out of breath. He also looked like he was dying on the inside. "What is the matter?" I ask him with a solemn tone.

He looks up at me with sadness. A tear falls from his eye. His face becomes red with contempt for himself. He faces down and looks at the ground, bawling his hands into shaking fists. "I'm moving." He says.

My mind snaps. The gears in my brain stop. Have my ears stopped working? I feel my heart stop beating. I feel the cold punch me in the gut as he utters these words.

"What?" I say, "I don't understand what you're trying to say."

He whimpers with a slightly agitated look. I look at his face. It's purple. He's clenching his fists even harder now. He shakes more and more and a waterfall comes from his eyes.

"I'm moving away." He repeats.