16

(Jake)

I walk in and this little bimbo is tying his shoe. She was sitting down at her desk, tying Santiago's shoe as he laid his foot across her lap.

He looked so proud of himself. I marched up to him and brushed past him, just so he knew that I was there. At that point, I was pissed that he would pull something like this.

I really shouldn't have been mad with him. He is his own person. He is free to do what he wants.

I rushed to the bathroom and locked myself up in the stall. I leaned against the door and tried to hold in my tears. The more I held them in, the more they wanted to flow down my cheeks.

I heard heavy footsteps come over not the bathroom and walk straight to my stall. I knew who it was.

"How'd you find me?" I asked him, sniffling.

He got closer to the door to make sure that I heard him clearly, "You're always here," he said, "I knew whose hard breathing I heard from a mile away."

That girl popped up in my head, "Who was that girl?"

He sighs, "She's no one."

He answered me in a sharp tone. It was so sharp, it cut me like a knife.

She was obviously someone if he could order her around to tie his shoes.

"Remember what I told you last night?" He says calmly.

I try to think back to last night and I heard his words echo in my mind, "No matter what you see after tonight, just know that I'll still have eyes for you"

The words made me smile. It would drive me mad once the time comes. I opened the door to look at his face. There was a cut on his nose and he was bleeding. "What happened to your face?" I asked him.

He replied, "It was from earlier. I had to talk to Daniel about something."

He must've been talking about Daniel Banks. "Are you still mad about what happened?" I asked him.

He nodded his head, "You'll do crazy things when you're in love."

I pulled out a napkin and wetted it by the sink. I dabbed the damp paper towel over his nose. I got a band-aid and stuck it over his nose. "Thanks" he exclaimed in a playful voice.

I walked out of the bathroom and headed back to class. Again, I saw that girl. Karana. She could be described as a spoiled brat. She's literally getting banged by every guy in the school. The rumors about her are so insane that even teacher are known to fall for her tricks.

Karana was voted class president, recently. I don't blame anyone for falling for her lies. I would have believed her, too if I didn't know better.

She was sitting in her seat, looking at her phone. I walked past her and glanced over her should. She was looking at TikToks and wasn't even focused on her work.

***

(Santiago)

I don't know why these two girls keep looking at me strangely. It's hard to recall their names, but I think they were Sauri and Nalah.

I walk into the classroom to see the duo looking at me. The were speaking under their breath and whispering. Whenever I would talk to Jake, they would always break out in an annoying squeal.

Sauri and Nalah were known to be a very smart duo in school. Whenever we were assigned group projects, they would always end up working together and with a few others.

Sauri came from a well-off family that I barely associate myself with. Her mother was a philosopher and her father was an politician. Her parent donate to the school for several occasions.

Sauri knew the school like the back of her hand. I can thank her for knowing how things go around here.

Nalah was in almost every school club and activity there was. She is known for having so many awards in different school event. Her parents find the school as well. Her parents work with Sauri's parents from time to time.

The Sauri would look at Jake and I and then back at Nalah. She would basically talk to Nalah with her eyes. The duo had their own secret little language. And it got on my nerves.

I sat near the window, near Sauri to see what her and Nalah talk about. Neither of them were speaking and were only mouthing words to each other and speaking with their hands.

Jake sat almost i between the duo and I could just image what they were saying about us.

Lana, my English teacher's daughter came up to Sauri and started talking to her. Sauri and Lana get loud, whenever their together. Lana would make loud jokes.

All of them just got back from hell knows where. They came back, holding brief cases. They must have been counting school funds and organizing some documents. Nalah, Sauri, and Lana all came huddled up in one spot of the room and chatted for a while.

Mrs. Gale entered the room to begin class and the bell rings. Mr. Koney started speaking on the morning announcements and prepared everyone for the pledge of allegiance.

We all stood up, put our hands to our hearts and pledged.

We did the same thing everyday. It was like second nature to us all.

I glanced at Jake and he seemed to be talking to Greyson. At that moment, I was livid. I went up to Greyson and my mouth started talking on its own, "Hey! Just what I'm the hell do you think you're doing?!"

He rolled his eyes at me and continued to talk to JJ. I had enough and walked over to him. I pulled him up by the collar and said, "Do you really want what happened last time, again?"

He shoved me off of him. It made me rage like a bull. Once he turned around, I tackled him to the floor. "I'm going to teach you a lesson that you never forget." My mouth spoke on its own.

"Mr. Ganzeu!" I heard someone yell, "Go to the office!"

I looked up to see Mrs. Gale. I didn't want to go to the office. I wanted to teach this little maggot a lesson. I was going to rebel.

I kept going at it and I felt a tug on my shirt. Mrs. Gale was trying to pull me back from Greyson.

"What makes you think you have the right to touch me?" I sarcastically said.

"I'm doing what's ri-" I cut her off.

"Who do you think pays for your salary?!"