17

NSFW Warning!

(Jake)

He was clearly furious. Santiago began cursing at the teacher, "If it weren't for my father, you'd be stuck in a hellhole! Who should you be pleading to for you job?!"

Santiago let go of Greyson and went up to Mrs. Gale. He got right up to her, in her face and whispered a snarky comment to her.

No one could hear exactly what he said, but we all knew it was something bad because she ended up bursting into tears.

We all turned to the sound of a loud whistle. A man in a police uniform had came to the classroom. He looked pretty buff and had rough hair.

The resource officer had to come and escort Santiago out of the classroom. Karana looked unconcerned. She simply sucked her teeth and went back to scrolling on her phone.

It made me so angry to see that she was so into him at one time, but wants nothing to do with him in the next. She only dates the most popular guys in school for one reason, and that was money. She couldn't care less about all the guys she's dated.

The resource officer dragged Santiago out of the classroom, "Come on, bud, let's get you to the office."

The officer seemed unfazed. He seemed way too calm in all this. Just like Mr. Ricky's behavior, the officer had the same attitude.

I tried not to look like I liked him because the class would make it a big deal and turn it into a huge scandal.

I turned around, back in my chair and opened my textbook. We were going over the basics of 'algebraic phrases', whatever the hell that meant. Mrs. Gale seemed to calm down throughout the lesson.

Suddenly there was a ping on someone's phone. Mrs. Gale picks up her phone and looked at her notifications in horror. She dropped her phone and dropped to her knees. She started weeping and the entire class became concerned by this. Everyone crowded around her, patting her back and asking things like, "What's wrong?" And, "Are you okay?"

She wiped her tears away and looked at each and every one of us. She then said in a shaky voice, "Settle down, while I go check on something."

Mrs. Gale scurried out the classroom and into the hallway. We didn't see her for the rest of the day.

I looked for Santiago after school and I found him leaning against the wall behind the school. He lit a cigarette and looked at me, "JJ. You weren't supposed to see this."

He took a few more puffs from his cigarette and flicked it to the ground. He walked pass me and grabbed my hand.

He led me to the front of the school. He asked me, "Wanna stay over, again?"

He was talking about his house. I loved staying at his castle. I didn't wanna leave.

"Yes." I answered shyly.

Out of nowhere, Karana appears and she seemed to want a word with Santiago. She placed her hand on his shoulder, "When are you going to take me out?"

I was surprised by this. He was taking HER out?! Now that I think about it, he has never taken me out on a date.

"Never," Santiago answered solemnly, "Don't let me see you like this, again."

He hugged me by the shoulder and continued the walk to the parking lot. The ivory limousine was there like last time. It was the same driver, who greeted us and the same route to his place.

After a while, the limo came to a stop and we got out. I was greeted with the bronze doors.

***

(Santiago)