3

(Jake)

I wake up in my bed. It was just a strange dream. The fight and Santiago punching Presley Higgins in the face was all just a dream.

I put my uniform on-it's normal boys attire. A dress shirt, a tie, a pair of slacks.

Everyone wears the same things at school except one person...

I combed my hair back and looked into mirror. I noticed there was a small bruise on my arm. It was barely noticable.

One thing about going to the school that I go to, it's walking distance from my house. It would only be reasonable to walk there. The other 12th graders at my school are all old enough to drive thier cars. When they don't feel like driving, they have their family members drive them.

I walk out of the door and started to walk on the sidewalk to school. A lavish-looking sports car drove next to me as I walked. I tried to pick up my pace, but that didn't help. The driver rolled down their window. The driver was Presley Higgins.

I looked at him and tried to act like I didn't know him, "Haven't I seen you around here before?"

He looks like he was sweating and he didn't look good. It looked like he had went to the ends of the Earth-even Hell to get to me.

He responded, "I need to talk to you about something."

He looked afraid. He looked like he was going to break me by speaking a few words to me.

"Okay,"

He opens the door for me to get into his car. I get in and sit on the leather seat.

"I'm sorry for shoving you in gym class, yesterday."

He looked genuinley apologetic.

"It's okay."

He doesn't looked releived when I said that. He presses the excel orator. He drove in silence and in about five minutes, we reached the school.

I didn't know what to say to him, so I just thanked him for the ride.

The school was filled to the rim with students. I think I'm late!

I rushed to class and I heard the bell ring! The chimes got to my head and I was out of breath, when I reached the classroom.

I walked over to my desk and threw down my things. Everyone stared at me, as I tumbled into the classroom. A voice came out from behind me, "Where have you been?"

The voice was low and husky. I slowly turned around and I saw him. His face was still scarred from the fight.

It wasn't a dream. He looked at me with a mischivious grin on his face. He spoke again, "Did you rest well, sleepyhead?"

If I chose the wrong answer to his question, I WILL BE DONE FOR.

"Yes." My voice quivered with nervousness.

His grin fades, "Are you lying to me, JJ?"

His demeanor is really getting to me. What kind of game is he trying to play with my head?

I ignored him and opened my notebook.

Suddenly, the teacher walks in with her clipboard and starts to take attendance. Everything was normal, except one thing; when she called Presley Higgins' name, there was complete silence.

I found it strange because I saw him this morning and he drove me to school. Why didn't he come to school?

Mrs. Gale asks again, but there was no answer.

I felt a tug on my hair and I instinctivly turned around to see who did it. I locked eyes with him and he had this poised facade on his face. I glare at him and turn back around.

I look down at my notes in my book and got lost in thought. I leaned over to grab a pencil from my backpack, but there weren't any. At this moment, I was panicing. In Math class, I have a very strict teacher to start off the day. And when she notices that you're unprepared, she will snap at you!

I had no choice but to turn around and ask, "Hey, do you have any pencils?"

Santiago grinned at me with a fistfull of pens and pencils. I looked closer at them and I realized something. They were MY pencils!

I looked at his hand and looked back at his face. He was giving me a chessy cat expression. He looked like he was about to burst out laughing. I snatched my pencils back and stuffed them in my backpack.

We had a test that day. Mrs. Gale had told us to 'keep our eyes on our own paper' and she sat at her desk and looked at her phone. She really wasn't even paying attention to us at the time.

I was filling out the answer sheet on the test, until I felt heavy breathing on my neck, Santiago was looking over my shoulder at my answers. He looked up at my puzzled face, "You don' mind if I snag a couple of your answers do you, my little lamb?"

What he called me was uncalled for. I tried to murmur back in the quietest voice posible, "Yes, I mind."

He rolled his eyes, "Thank you, for letting me cheat off of you."

I finished my test and turned in my paper.

I felt a bit sick, since I didn't eat breakfast this morning. I asked Mrs. Gale if I could go to the bathroom and with her face in her phone, she said yes and shooed me away.

I took my chance and went to the restroom without a second thought. I got into the bathroom stall and stood there for a few moments. I took out some asprin and swallowed it. I was the disturbed by some footsteps that were entering the restroom.