15

(Malone)

I missed him even after the last time that I saw him. Greyson has been on my mind ever since the bathroom 'incident'.

He looked at me one last time, before he got into his car and drove off. I did the same, in my navy blue Porche.

I was in a daze. It felt like I was crazy. I got home and threw my keys on the counter. I laid on the couch and quickly fell asleep.

I opened my eyes and Greyson was touching me. He was holding me tightly in his arms and rubbing his hand through my hair. He then turned to me and said surprised, "Oh! You're awake."

He gave me this look that pulled me in. He made me get closer. "Do you love me?" He said, while grabbing my chin and turning my head.

Suddenly, I jolted awake from my sleep and realized that it was just a dream. He didn't actually say that to me.

I looked at the time and it was way past eight o'clock. I placed my phone onto the coffee table and rushed upstairs to take a shower. The stairs felt like I was climbing a mountain.

I just woke up from a deep sleep. I was tired and to be honest, I blame school for that. I walked into my room and grabbed a bathrobe. My room looked extremely bright and clean. Everything was neatly tucked away. Paula must have cleaned my room.

Paula was the housekeeper. She cleans my room once a week, mainly on Monday. I loved her style and how she organized things. I always admired Paula for her care. My parents died a few months ago, right after I turned eighteen. She was always around to care for me, when I needed it. She was like a mother to me

I headed down the hallway, to the bathroom and placed the bathrobe onto the space next to the bathroom sink. I turned on the faucet and splashed my face with some cold water. The water made me come back to my senses.

I wiped my face with a towel and took a shower. The steam clogged kisses every corner of the bathroom.

I suddenly feel a pair of hands on my waist. I turn around to see Greyson. He was looking at me with a soft smile. "Did you forget about me?" He said while laughing.

"No!" I said quickly, without hesitation, "How could I do that?"

He patted my back, "You tell me."

I feel something warm on my entire body. I wake up to the abound of the shower running and it's water drowning me. I get up off of the floor and continued washing. Did I just say dream and black out?

My mind was going in circles around the fact that I dreamed about him twice. His gaze, his appearance, even his touch felt so...real.

I turn it of the water and dried myself with a towel. I looked into the mirror and I saw him again. He was standing there, looking back at me in the reflection. I blinked and he was gone.

I'm going crazy!

I walked out of the bathroom and went straight to bed. I must have been sleep deprived and imagining things. I pulled the blanked over myself and tapped out.

He touched me. He even spoke to me. "Do you love me?" He would say.

I just don't get it. Why would he ask me that over and over? It's not like I don't love him.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and then faded away. He turned to dust and there was only a whisper in the wind, when he disappeared.

My eyes open and it's bright with the sun shining through my windows. The early morning sun was still rising it was a reddish-orange.

I grabbed my phone and looked at the time, it was 7 am. I jumped out of bed in a rush. I'm going to be late for school!

I ran to my closet and threw on my uniform. I didn't care about how I looked. I just wanted to get to school on time.

I stumbled downstairs, into the kitchen and ate the sandwich the Paula had made for me. She always made the best food. That's why I always saw her as a mother because when my parents weren't there, she was.

I stuffed the sandwich in my mouth and grabbed my car keys. I rushed out of the door and a bumped into something in front of me. I fell and looked up to see who it was. It was HIM. Greyson was standing on my doorstep, waiting on me.

"Hello!" I said in a high-pitched voice tried not to sound obviously startled.

He chucked to himself and then greeted me, "Good morning to you, too."

I pick up my things in a hurry. He helps me get them and I'm a thankful for that. "Thanks." I said with a relieved voice, "Why are you here?"

I looked at him curiously, cocking an eyebrow. He smiles widely and answers, "I don't know, birthday boy, why am I here?"

His words hit me like a hurricane. He said "birthday boy". I totally forgot that it WAS my birthday.

I noticed that he had one of his hands behind his back and I looked. He was holding a small wrapped box topped with a bow. The wrapping paper was blue and silver, the bow was gold. He holds the best x out to me, "I got something for you."

I take the box, "Thank you."

I opened the box right there and I was stunned to see what was in it. There were several pieces of jewelry. There were five rings and a chain.

"How much is this?!" I asked him, staring at the box and back at him, "I can't accept this!"

He gives me a pleasing look and reassures me, "The price doesn't matter here. It's the thought that counts."

He then grabs the necklace out of the box and says, "Here, let me help you put this on."