5

(Jake)

"What if I don't want to eat lunch with you?" I challenged, looking at him.

He stopped walking and looked down at me, "You don't have many choices, here...either you eat lunch with me or-"

"Or what?" I asked him, "What are you going to do, huh?"

He thought to himself for a few seconds before answering me, "It might not be the best idea to tell you that," he looked at me with fire in his eyes, "But, if you must know, I will make you eat with me...one way or another.

I have heard enough and I walked passed him to go back to class. He followed closely behind me.

I walked into the classroom and I was greeted with a big surprise by Mrs. Gale.

She smiles at me, but it wasn't a sweet smile, "Mr. Jeau, I need to talk to you for a second."

She beckoned me to come over to her desk. I went over to her and that fake smile goes away, "Where were you?" she said in a strict tone, "Where you trying to skip my class?!"

She raised her voice at me, and she did not look pretty while doing it, "Is canoodoling with Mr. Ganzeu more important than my class?!"

I looked down at the floor and I opened my mouth to explain myself, "I'm sorry ma'am, I really needed to use the restroom to take care of my business."

She chuckled annoyed, "It took you an hour to take care of your business?"

I didn't know that I was in the bathroom for an hour. I only thought that I was in there for a good thirty minutes! I tried to remain calm and I said, "It won't happen again, Mrs. Gale..."

She huffed one last time, "Go to lunch, You're dismised!"

I walked over to my seat to get my stuff, but it wasn't there. I looked all around the classroom for my things, but I couldn't find them.

I finally gave up and headed to the cafeteria. When I walked into the cafeteria, there was an unusual gap between the chairs.

All of the tables were different than how they were usually arranged. The tables were formed in a circle and there was one round table in the center.

HE was sitting at the round table.

He held up my backpack as a signal for me to come over and reluctantly, I took the bait. I walked over to him, "Give me my backpack."

He frowned and pulled me down by the collar of my shirt, "You didn't even say 'please'."

I was sitting right next to him and all eyes were on us. I thought he was trying to make a fool out of me. I mumbled, "Do you want some company this badly?"

He rolled his eyes and pushed a tray of food towards me, "Eat well, my dear classmate."

He had his head in his hands and gave me a cheeky smile, "Go ahead, it's not like I put anything in it."

I knew he wouldn't leave me alone until I ate it, so I took a bite. It tasted really good.

"What is this?!" I said surprised, "It's good."

He grinned at me, "This is why you should trust me."

He was right, I should trust him more...but why is it so hard?

I felt full and my cheeks felt warm and red with nutrition. He did me a favor and bought me lunch, so I said, "Thanks for buying me lunch."

He seemed flattered, "Oh, I didn't buy it."

If he didn't buy it, then he must have made it, "Did you make this, yourself?"

He nodded his head. He had some really good skills with cooking.

"Next time, I'll bring you more."

I turned away and smiled at his comment. I didn't know that he would do such things for me.

I got up and reached to grab my backpack, but Santiago grabbed it and insisted that he'd carry it for me to next class.

I walked to class with him by my side and everyone cleared a path for us, when we walked down the hallway. I guess everyone did this because they didn't want to get on his bad side.

He opened the door for me and I walked into the gym.

The locker room was empty, so I started changing quietly. I opened the locker. My locker number was 142. I grabbed a shirt out of my gym bag and was about to put it on until Santiago snatched it from me, "It's all tattered."

He tossed a shirt to me and I look at the brand logo. It was a designer t-shirt, and he just gave it to me like it was worth a few pennys.

"Thanks," I said embarrassed.

I pulled out a bottle of cologne and spritzed it on myself. You could even say I drenched myself with it. I put the bottle away and walk towards the exit of the locker room. Santiago was standing at the exit. He sniffed me and asked, "Mohagany Teakwood?"

I nodded my head in amazment. He must have a refined sense of smell.

I looked into his eyes and realized that there were still streaks of blood in one of them, "How's your eye?"

"It stings a little bit." he responded.

I pulled a bandana out of my backpack and held it out for him. He looked at me and looked back down at the bandana in my hand, "You're giving this to me?"

"It'll make you feel better"

He gladly accepted the bandana and ties it around his head, so it could go over his right eye, "Thanks."