Chapter 26

Manjusha Pov:

"Who is that sitting on the kitchen island?"came a voice which startled me.

I turned back only to see a old lady.

I looked at athai who just sighed in turn.

"Hy boy, get down first. Don't you know the manners?" that old lady started to shout at me.

What?. Am not a boy.

'Tomboy' my mind said to me.

I looked at athai.

"Maa, stop it." came uncle voice.

"Always supporting your wife. Here comes the great wife's husband. " that lady started to murmur.

"What is that boy doing in kitchen?. Who is he in thr first place?" that lady again asked uncle.

"Maa she is not a boy, she is a girl. And she is our Mithran's wife. " uncle explains.

Nice.

I heard a laugh. I looked out only to see that bloody kabir who is laughing at that lady comments. I glared at him who immediately stopped his laugh.

"What she is a girl? . And Mithran's wife?. Really?. I dont know what you guys were seeing while searching for a bride. I seriously dont know. My son and his son doesnt have the proper eyesight it seems. Literally they have wasted their life for nothing."

"Before some years you came with a girl to this house saying that she is your wife. And now look at your so called son, he is having a boy as his wife. Kaliyug. " she says and walked out of the kitchen.

I looked at aunty.

What the heck just happened now?

Who the heck she thinks?

She being uncle's mom i kept mum.

'But she doesnt said anything wrong right manju.' my mind asks me.

'Will you shut up?' i scolded at my mind.

"Am sorry on behalf of her. She is like that only, you know the old mindset people. Am really sorry. " aunty says to me.

"Its fine aunty." i says to her and get down from the island.

"Please stay here dear. Just dont take her words dear. She is still in that old era. To her everyone has to live like how she lived. But that is not possible right. Leave about that. Lets speak something else."

"Come on kabir, jon us. " uncle called him.

Uncle then started to help aunty by chopping the onion and tomato.

"Look here, how good at chopping am." uncle says to aunty by showing him the chopped onion.

"Whose training it is my dear husband?" aunty asks him.

"Obviously you my, dear queen" he says by pinching her nose.

Aww.

"So how was the exam guys?" uncle asks us both.

"Oh uncle, about that actually this time all the questions were known." kabir says.

"So you will score the higher percentage then." aunty said.

"No aunty, onky questions were known, not thw answers though. I thought those questions wont come and its unimportant. But becayse of my fate, the question paper contained all the unimportant questions which i thought of. So in a nut shell, it was moderate for me." kabir answered sadly which made uncle and aunty to laugh.