Should've Got Decaf

When Sapnap opened his eyes, he was on the couch in the apartment. Dream was running his fingers through his sidekick's hair. "Your hair is all matted. It's gross." The blonde said, pulling his hand away. It was Dream but it sounded like George. "I'll go grab the cling wrap." Dream said while laughing before walking towards the kitchen.

Sapnap pulled his right hand out of the blanket. He had the USB in his hand. It was real. More or less. He was so confused and there was nobody who could answer his questions.

He quickly slid the USB into his cast to hide it as he saw Dream walking back. Dream sat on the floor, and he slowly unclipped the sling causing the ravenette to wince. Dream gently pulled it off before helping Sapnap get his shirt off. Sapnap grudgingly held his arm out towards Dream and let the older wrap the cast with cling wrap.

Dream offered his hand to help Sapnap up. The ravenette hesitantly took it. He acted like Dream was going to snap his good arm with no warning. Sapnap flinched. George broke his arm, not Dream. He still trusted the brunette more.

The hero was off putting. He did what he pleased without a care in the world for the consequences. He was crazy with power. Dream's view of justice was skewed. Maybe it was because he became so big at thirteen years old. He became a household name so young.

Dream helped Sapnap wash his hair before leaving the ravenette to give him some privacy. He helped Sapnap safely get out of the tub and get dressed. He never made a comment and looked endearingly at Sapnap while he dried the younger's hair. So why was Sapnap shaking? Why was he scared of someone who helped him?

Dream helped move Sapnap to his bedroom. The blonde sighed before speaking. "I need you to stay here. Please. Don't sneak out again. I have to go visit my mom and dad. You are vulnerable right now and I need you to stay here where it's safe." Dream watched Sapnap's face carefully. The ravenette looked too tired to object. Dream took it as a win as he walked out the door without another word.

He had on a light green jacket with a black turtleneck and cargo pants on. He decided to walk to his "parent's" house. It may have been an hour drive to get to the house, but he needed to retrace his steps to hopefully find some sign of Drista.

The academy was off of his back as of now trying to figure out what to do after the 404 incident. He could perform a proper search to his standard.

It would take him around twelve hours by foot to get to his parent's house while also searching for any sign of her. Dream decided to power walk until he got towards the area she jumped out of the car. He slowed down on the outskirts of Logstedshire.

He hated walking around unarmed. He was in the shadiest part of town. He came here to fight crime since most criminals stayed in this area. The higher ups never patrolled this area. Just weak heroes whose deaths would go unnoticed.

Dream walked along the sidewalk and glanced at the alleys. He continued to walk until he caught a glimpse of a broken phone on the side of the road. He felt a tug in his chest when he saw the Polaroids in the clear phone case. One of them being Patches. Another being Drista with her friends. The last one being Drista with their mom and dad standing by a waterfall for a summer vacation.

Dream carefully picked up the shattered phone. The screen was cracked like crazy. The blonde held his breath as he inhaled and pressed the power on button. After a minute it was on.

It was undeniably her phone. The Lock Screen was a photo of him with her at Disney World. He was throwing up an awkward peace sign while she was grinning like there was no tomorrow.

He pocketed the broken phone. He would get it fixed for her and give it back to his sister when he found her. Dream remembers her running into the first alleyway she saw in front of her.