Missing or AWOL?

Dream woke up on the couch of the apartment. He could hear Sapnap walking around and complaining about doing laundry. Dream pushed himself to sit up and smiled when he saw a glass of water and a bottle of Tylenol on the coffee table.

He internally thanked Sapnap for not being a complete idiot and actually helping him out. His pounding headache was enough for him to want to call into work, but he was a superhero and that wasn't an option.

Technically, he wasn't supposed to drink alcohol at all. The hero league considered it unprofessional, and he could get in serious trouble for it. Dream drank some water before taking the Tylenol. He cleared his throat before speaking. "What's on the schedule today?"

"Go fuck yourself! I'm not your intern." Sapnap yelled from the laundry room.

"Thanks sidekick! Always a gem to have around." Dream yelled back at the younger. Sapnap wasn't supposed to cuss either. None of them were supposed to since they were popular among kids. Only person who followed that rule was Bad.

"There's an emergency meeting for everyone at lunch. You have an hour to get ready. Nobody knows what it's about. I checked your phone to see if you knew more and it was the same thing everybody got. The good thing about it all is that I get to see Jacobs." Sapnap was in the kitchen yelling across the house at the older now.

"Keep it in your pants." Dream teased the younger who turned red from the comment. "Get dressed. You can do laundry later. We have to be there early. It's part of being in the top five. We have to be there thirty minutes early. Usually, our teams get told what is wrong beforehand. I've only seen four emergency meetings in my eight years of being a hero." Dream told the younger one, knowing Sapnap was going to ask about it.

"What were they about?"

"My first one was when I was eleven and there was a data leak. My second one was when I was thirteen. It was to announce the death of Jschlatt and Fundy. My third was when I was fifteen and it was to announce a hero going rogue. Fourth one was two years ago, and it was to announce us temporarily joining forces with the Mexican Hero League." Dream listed the events off on his fingers.

"So, it's a big deal if they call one, right?" Sapnap asked with an interest in his eyes.

"Yes. Now go get your mask and your suit on. We are going by the rooftops." Dream said smiling while Sapnap groaned all the way to his room. The blonde wasn't fond of rooftops either, but Sapnap hated them, so he did it for fun by now.

Dream and Sapnap arrived at the tower thirty-three minutes early. Perfect as usual. Dream greeted the receptionist as usual. "The debriefing is taking place in the meeting room on floor thirty as usual." She handed Sapnap a key card that he would have to return before the meeting started. She had a somber look in her eyes as they walked off.

The duo thanked her before going in the elevator. "Why do I need my own keycard? Can't we both get in using yours?" Sapnap asked the blonde.

Dream smiled at him before shaking his head. "Floor Thirty has a shit ton of security measures. You have to scan the card, give your fingerprint, state your full legal name, and then you have to cluck like a chicken." Dream couldn't help but smile at his lie. Everything was true but the chicken part.

"Why do I have to cluck like a chicken?"

"It's part of the security, man. Don't worry about it."

The doors to the elevator opened. Dream gestured for Sapnap to go first. The younger nodded hesitantly looking up at the giant metal door. "Swipe your card, idiot."

Sapnap nodded and swiped it. The swiper made a loud wrong noise and turned red. Sapnap turned around to look at Dream confused.

"It's super picky on the speed of the swipe. If you do it too fast, it will be counted wrong. Too slow is wrong. We used to have a guy who took two minutes every time just on the card swipe." Dream said, crossing his arms and trying to hold back a smile.