Sorry Doesn't Fix Anything

Dream slammed the door shut as he walked into the house. He had a headache from being yelled at by the Platinum Rings and from getting his head slammed into obsidian. His lip was split from when he was kicked out of the meeting room for being too disrespectful. One of the guards swung at him because he apparently was resisting.

He was but he wouldn't admit that to anyone but himself. There wasn't anything he could do during the prison break. He woke up and the prisoner was gone. He still got in trouble with the Platinum Rings. Grian said they couldn't pull up the security footage for some reason.

They also told him that some kid waltzed into the building and took the elevator somewhere. The cameras kept messing up so they couldn't follow his journey. Grian did hand Dream something before he was kicked out of the hall. It was a couple of pictures he printed. One was Sapnap in the back seat of a blue sports car. He looked scared and on edge. Dream couldn't recognize the driver's face. The next was Sapnap walking alone in Logstedshire. He could've been manipulated. He looked so small on his own. The final one was the one that scared Dream the most. It was Sapnap in his civilian clothes being carried by Siren.

The words Grian told him burned in the back of his mind.

"I think your sidekick's identity was compromised. Siren knows somehow. He's not safe. I've talked with Scott privately. We believe that someone here is a double agent. It doesn't help that some kid managed to sneak past into headquarters. We don't know what all he did. This stays between me and you, Clay. Scott doesn't know about the whole identity thing yet."

"Why did you not tell him? Is this not serious enough for Scott to know? Sapnap can die!" Dream whispered to the man with dark brown eyes that looked almost red. Grian slammed his hand over the younger's mouth when he raised his voice.

"Sapnap is live bait to catch Siren. If you stay on guard with him at all times, we can catch Siren. It's the only time the villain has gone out on his own. This is an opportunity. Scott wouldn't approve of the plan. If you want to win this fight. You have to trust me and nobody else. Siren can control people. We don't know who he is using for information." Grian whispered before he ushered Dream to the elevator.

Dream ran his fingers through his hair. He turned around and was met with Sapnap waking up on the couch. The ravenette was looking at Dream through heavy eyes. "Is everything all right?" Sapnap asked while yawning. His words were slurred but Dream understood them still.

Dream reached into his green jacket that he always keeps at the Academy. He pulled the photos out and threw them at Sapnap. Sapnap picked them up, barely looking at them. His eyes widened as his hands shook. He was caught. It was over for him. Sapnap calmed down as he felt the band on his wrist buzz. It was grounding. We took her home. Angel is picking you up at midnight. Sapnap interpreted the messages while staring at the photos. Dream was watching him carefully.

"I don't understand. How did you get these? I don't remember any of this." Sapnap was in disbelief. His reaction was genuine and so were most of his words. He thought he was being smart about it. He was never followed or watched. These weren't surveillance footage angles. It looked like it was taken right in front of him.

Dream shook his head. "Sapnap. Siren knows your identity. It isn't safe for you to go out on your own anymore. No more patrols on your own. You only leave this apartment to patrol with me from here on out. There is no telling what all Siren got out of you with his power." Dream feigned concern. He only cared about the information Sapnap knew. Sapnap was an extension of himself. He didn't need it when push came to shove. Sapnap wasn't his priority, but what the sidekick knew was important. He knows Dream's real name, his family, and all the secrets of the Academy.