Kidnapping Is Fine If You're Hot

"I'll be right back. I left my bag in Dream's office." Sapnap told the girls as he put down the crust of his grilled cheese. "Don't let Dream eat my food!" Sapnap yelled as he walked out of the office. He still had the I.D. that gave him access to all of the floors.

Sapnap got in the elevator and hit twenty-five. He scanned his I.D. and adjusted his mask. He needed to make sure Karl was safe. He had no idea what happened after they left the room. Nobody deserves to be treated like that. Especially not a kid. Sapnap got antsy when the doors opened a few seconds later. Thankfully there were no guards.

As soon as Sapnap got off the elevator, he could hear crying in the main area of the floor. Sapnap quickly looked around before running towards the crying. Sapnap ran towards the bedroom on the floor. He busted through the door which caused the boy in the corner to jump.

"Inferno? You're here to make fun of me too, right? You came to laugh in my face." Karl said defeatedly. Sapnap immediately covered his eyes, noticing Karl wasn't wearing his mask.

"I would never do that!" Sapnap defended immediately.

"I don't care if you see my face. I've been tricked, tased, punched, kicked, and slapped today. I could care less if you knew what I looked like." Karl mumbled to himself. He had handcuffs around his wrists and enough chain laying on the floor to get to the bathroom, never enough to get near a window or an exit.

"Karl. What happened?" Sapnap moved his hand away from his eyes and walked over to the bed and sat down. Karl got off of the floor and sat by the pillows on the bed that looked like it had never been used.

Karl choked back a sob before he could speak. "I wasn't listening. I didn't want them to touch me. The guards were shouting at me to stay still. It's scary to not be able to teleport away when I'm in fight or flight. One of them tased me the entire time that the other guard was handcuffing me. It was horrible. You have to believe me, Inferno! I didn't do anything wrong! I don't know why I'm here! Please!" Karl was yelling through his tears. His cloak was barely hanging onto his shoulder with how much he was shaking.

"Sapnap."

"Huh?"

"I trust you to know my name. It feels wrong that someone who is a year older than me doesn't know my name."

"There is no way that is your legal name."

"It is to me and that is all that matters.

"Do you know why I've been locked up, Sapnap? Please. I need to know what is going on." Karl stopped himself when his eyes wandered to Sapnap's hair. "How do you have that? The streak. Why are you not locked up too?" Karl jumped forward towards the younger man and pulled on his collar.

"Dream says the white streak represents the fragility of life and death being tampered with. I got mine from a fight from 404." Sapnap explained gently pulling Karl's hand away from his neck.

"Then how did I get mine? 404 is a new villain. I didn't fight him. I don't think I did." Karl turned away from Sapnap to try to think harder and to remember.

"Karl. Don't tell anyone I told you this. You died." Sapnap said gently, still holding onto Karl's gloved hands. Karl immediately looked back at Sapnap.

Karl was giggling before he finally composed himself enough to speak. "I'm definitely not dead. If you wanted to hold my hand, you could've just asked instead of lying."

"No Karl. You have died before. Minx killed you and brought you back to life when you were eleven. That's why you can't remember anything before you joined the Academy." Sapnap explained while Karl just looked at him confused.