Chapter 2: SUN PANTHER

10 AM, Rajput mansion (the one where the prologue first scene was happening..)

Shalini had just woken up and freshened..the house helper had made the breakfast and was setting it up, as Shalini walked towards Jay's room, expecting that he would be ready..

She opened the door to see Jay ready in his Doctor coat..

Shalini smiled proudly and said:"Good morning Doctor Sahab.."
Jay looked up from the mirror, shocked..
Shalini rarely came to his room..what changed..maybe she was trying to change..Jay felt a ray of hope rising..

He greeted back:"Good morning mom, aap yahan kaise.."
Shalini:"Breakfast karne bula Rahi thi, chal beta.."

Jay nodded and went behind her, thinking atleast today his mom would be talking about him..

Shalini sat with him, waiting for Sambhav to come from his jog..

She served him, and saw Jay praying...
She frowned... sometimes she wondered if Jay was Mihir's twin or something.. both had this habit of praying before eating, I mean who keeps food waiting...she thought..

Jay opened his eyes after praying and smiled seeing his father coming..

Sambhav waved hi, and went to the bathroom..
He hurriedly came and sat on the dining table with them..

Sambhav picked up his tea, and saw Jay digging in, in hurry..

Sambhav:"Jay, dheere Khao bete.."
Jay slowed down..he was getting bit late..

Shalini scowled and said:"Jay, teri baat hoti hai na Mihir se?"
Jay choked on the bread and began coughing..
Shalini helped him have water and said after he calmed down:"Apni maa se kyon jhuth bolta hai Jay, hum kya uske dushman hai.."
Jay held her hands:"Nahi mumma, Sunny aap dono ke contact mein nahi hai, to mere contact mein kaise hoga.."
Shalini wanted to say, but Jay stood up and left..too choked to speak..

Shalini sat down on the table and looked at Sambhav, who was frowning, glaring at her:"Kyon puchti ho us manhus ke baare mein, tumhe kya karna hai uske baare mein jaankar.."
Shalini glared back and said:"10 saal se aazaad ghum raha hai, agar usne vo sach kisi ko bata diya..nuksan kiska hoga.."

Sambhav smirked and said:"Meera ka, aur kiska?"
Shalini stared at him:"Uska kaise, aapka nahi hoga.."
Sambhav:"Are Shalu, mujhe ab koi chu bhi nahi sakta, is sach ke bahar aane se sirf aur sirf Meera tutegi, Mihir kabhi bhi apni maa ko hurt nahi dekh sakta, isiliye to vo yahan aaya tha..tum dekhna, vo gadha kisiko kuch nahi batayega.."

Shalini smirked:"Pakka na?"
Sambhav:"Pakka Shalu...ab kahin ghumne chale?"

Shalini nodded and they left..

6 AM Kashmir..

Mihir woke up and rubbed his eyes...

He looked at the clock in his room..
He smiled and thought 3 hours of sleep is an improvement Mihir..

He stood up and placed the picture on the table, and started getting ready...

He glared at his junior:"Tum gadhe ho kya, abhi pakde jaate.. binoculars ke lens se udhar light padegi na, usse unko pata chal jayega na, they'll look around and we'll be caught.. stay focused now, and pls take care of the reflection.."

The junior Dev nodded in little embarassment..

Mihir looked at the tree once again..

There was a man near the tree, he was making something..

Mihir focused on it and saw some wooden sticks..

Mihir sighed frustrated..the man was just making a boat..
He was a shikhara owner..