Chapter 21: The Blackmailer

Mihir was still tensed.. Shalini's right hand Deepak was still free..

He had run away when the police had come to arrest them..

He called his team to ask for updates on that..

.....

Deepak saw the news and crumpled a sheet in his hands..
He couldn't let Shalini down...she had taken his promise, if she got arrested, Deepak had promised to kill Mihir for her..
He had also promised that it would be a big thing in the world.. he would make sure Mihir's death was a big news..he had a perfect plan to complete his task..

...

Unaware of the lurking danger, Mihir was talking to Madhav..

As Madhav's eyes heavied with sleep, Mihir caressed his hair till he slept peacefully..

Meera came in to call Mihir to have something..

She saw Madhav sleeping and kissed his forehead gently..

She told Mihir to go and eat..

Mihir nodded and made place for her..

He reached the canteen and ordered something healthy and light...

As he was waiting for the food, his phone rang..

The caller said as Mihir picked up the call:"Kaise ho Mihir..I hope tum vo video nahi bhule..."

Mihir stood up shocked:"Deepak Chopra?"
Deepak laughed and said:"You know your enemy well.."
Mihir:"Us video ko delete Karo Deepak, tumhare liye accha nahi hoga.."

Deepak:"Nahi Mihir, I'm not sharing it anywhere..but tumhe toh pata hai, baad mein main bhi kar bhi sakta hun.. toh.."

Mihir cut him off angrily:"What do you want?"

Deepak smiled:"Straight forward bahot ho tum.."
Mihir gritted his teeth:"Maine pucha kya chahiye tumhe Deepak, what will you take to delete the video.."
Deepak:"YOUR LIFE MIHIR..can you give that away?"

Mihir rubbed his forehead, tensed..

Deepak:"Arey sar rub karne se kya hoga..."

Mihir looked around shocked..

Deepak:"Don't look for me Mihir, bas itna samaj lo ki tum bahot jald marne wale ho..tumne bhale hi ma'am ke paas se vo videos delete kardi...you didn't know I also had a copy, and that's the reason Ma'am sent me to Australia....but I'm back Mihir, get ready to die.."

Before he could say, the call got cut..

Mihir sat down tensed..

His food came, and Mihir stared at it..

He asked for a tea..well he had planned to sleep, but sleep seemed to be a distant dream..

And to stay awake, tea was must..

After gulping food somehow, he stood up to go to his family..

His phone rang again..

It was Deepak..
As he picked up the call, Deepak spoke:"I hope khaana nigalne mein problem nahi Hui hogi..mujhe laga nahi tha tum itne practical ho.."

Mihir let him taunt..he was trying to focus on Deepak's background noises..

He could hear a cute whinning sound..

Deepak was speaking something, but Mihir focused on that noise..as he concentrated on it, he was shocked..it was Madhav's voice..he was whinning for an injection..

Mihir let him speak and ran to Madhav's ward..

He pushed it open and saw that the doctors had left...before Madhav or Meera could ask him anything, Mihir ran out, trying to find them..