Chapter 28: Shattered Meera

Meera sat down dejected..she didn't have words to describe her inner turmoil....she had trusted Sambhav..she had always been her father's good daughter, his ideal daughter...so she had accepted the groom her father decided...never in her dreams had she thought her marriage would falter so badly.....

Madhav side hugged her..
He himself was shook by the revelations...but he was ok, as he already knew about Mihir's abuse..

Meera looked at him in daze and hugged him tightly...she broke down in his arms...truth was, she couldn't accept that she had always trusted the wrong man..

Sambhav used to harm her physically, he was a bad man, he even used to hit their children...she remembered several incidents of Sambhav even trying to hit Madhav...but she had seen her own father behave that way..so she didn't know if she could protest against that...she would have done that too later on, but Sambhav rarely stayed home, it became less frequent, and so she didn't take steps...

She recollected how Sambhav used to treat their children..

16 years ago..

Madhav was running around the house happily, he had got first prize in fancy dress competition, he was so happy, it was on animals, and he had become a vulture..

He jumped on Mihir, as Meera brought him home..
Mihir laughed and hugged him back, kissing his forehead..

Madhav squealed and showed him the little certificate and trophy..

Mihir clapped his hands for him and said:"Good job baccha, you made us so proud Kanha...tu toh bilkul bhi nahi dara..Maine bola tha na sab theek hoga.."

Madhav frowned and pouted cutely:"Aapko kaise pata main nahi dara....oh mumma ne bataya.."

Mihir bobbed his head..

Madhav kissed his cheeks and said:"Aapne lines likh ke di thi na, vo teater ko bahot acchi lagi.."

Mihir nodded but said, while he wiped Madhav's mouth with his hands, his lips had icecream..:"Teater nahi, teacher.."

Madhav:"Teater teater..."

Mihir:"Tu ab toh theek se bolta hai, abhi kyon teater bolna hai, tujhe toh teacher bolna aata hai na.."

Madhav:"Badddd teacher, isliye teater.."

Mihir glared at him:"Teacher bad nahi hote, vo daante hai, toh humare bhale ke liye..."

Madhav bobbed his head and hugged Mihir:"Aur pata hai, Puri class ne mere liye clap Kiya...sabke saamne teater.."

Mihir (sternly):"Madhav.."

Madhav clicked his tongue:"Teacher ne mujhe praise Kiya, bahot maza aaya..."

Meera came to them and hugged them..
He pushed her lil away, breaking the hug, with his small hands..

Madhav:"Huggie baad mein, pehle suno.."

Mihir:"Yes Yes batao batao, badi important baat hai Madhav, hume pata hona chahiye.."
Madhav bobbed his head:"Riya ne toh costume ki bhi tarif ki..."

He hid his face in his palms:"She said I look cute in the costume..."

Meera chuckled and Mihir made an aww face:"Vo toh bolegi hi, tu itna cute jo hai.."

Madhav:"Toh kissy karo?"
Mihir smiled and kissed his forehead, and then peppered his face with kisses, making Madhav laugh out loud...