Chapter 29: A New Mission

Mihir reached the hospital and saw them in the corridor..

He went to Jay, as Madhav looked very sad..he didn't want to startle him..

Mihir:"Bhaiya, mumma...kya hua unhe?"
He was hoping there was no bad news..

Jay looked at him and first made him sit..

Jay whispered:"Mihir, she had a cardiac arrest, doctors are treating her..meri family member Hain isliye I didn't wanna risk, toh main aa gya.."

Mihir looked at him in shock..no words came out of his mouth..

Jay shook him:"Mihir pls, kuch toh bol.."

Mihir whispered:"Mumma..."

He backed from him and looked at Madhav, who was looking down...

He hugged Madhav tightly...

Madhav didn't realise he was needing that hug, he held onto him and broke down...his mother was his life, he couldn't imagine a day without her..

Mihir cried too, but made no noise...he had become used to crying like that... it came naturally..

Mihir caressed his hair but couldn't say anything...

The nurse came out...they had stabilized her somehow, but they had to go for a surgery, to treat her properly..

She saw Dr. Jay and went to him with the papers..

She handed him the papers, they needed to be signed for the surgery to happen...

Jay saw the papers in a daze..he looked at the brothers..

Mihir had calmed down somewhat, Madhav was still not ok...it was an outburst, a necessary one..

Jay showed Mihir the papers..
Mihir took the papers with one hand...

He was hugging Madhav with the other..

Mihir read it and looked at Jay as tears rushed in his eyes again..

He shook his head and whispered:"Aisa nahi...aisa nahi hoga..."
Jay:"I know aisa nahi hoga, but formality hai sirf, you need to sign it for the surgery, pls Mihir..."

Mihir shook his head as tears started flowing...

He bit his inner cheek to stop himself...

He knew he had to do it...

He looked at Jay who gave him the pen, and took the papers, and held it with the help of a writing pad..

Mihir cried more as his shivering hand somehow signed the document....the document that said his mother could die...during the surgery...

He didn't know how to react...

What happened suddenly...they were happy in the morning..
Mihir had seen Meera happy, why did she have the arrest suddenly..

He cupped Madhav's face...Madhu had stopped crying, but was still not saying...

Mihir asked softly:"Bacche, Mumma aur tu Kahan Gaye the? Kyonki ek simple interview se toh ye nahi ho sakta na..."
Madhav looked up nervously...

He saw Mihir looking at him questioningly, but his eyes held love and concern...no anger...

Madhav decided to tell the truth, right now his mumma was the priority...

He blurted out:"Sambhav Rajput...se milne gaye the...mumma wanted to talk him some sense about his failure...about her pride..I don't know..she was determined, aur mujhe unki strength pe proud hua toh main maan Gaya, mumma was alright..pata nahi.."