Chapter 4: I don't have a home

Mihir sat and stared at the ceiling, trying to get bored of it, so that he could sleep..

But he smiled excited as his phone rang...
His smile widened as he saw the caller id..

Mihir picked it up and said:"Hello Bhaiya.."

Jay chuckled from the other side..
Jay:"Aaj bada khush hai tu"

Jay laid down lazily on his bed, relaxing completely..

Mihir shook his head..
Jay:"Kuch bol to sahi"
Mihir:"Oh sorry, video call thodi hai..main keh raha tha ki main khush nahi hun, bas relaxed hun.."

Jay:"Aur kyon hai janab relaxed, terrorist gang pakad li kya?"
Mihir jumped on his place in child like excitement:"Yessss aapko kaise pata.."
Jay's eyes widened, he smiled...he was so proud of his brother:"Teri Khushi ka koi aur Karan ho sakta hai kya?"
Mihir:"Bhaiya Khushi nahi, sukoon ka kaaran, khush to main ho hi nahi sakta.."
Jay wanted to say about that, but he decided to change the topic...
Jay:"To bata to sahi kaise pakda.."
Mihir nodded excitedly and told him everything except the injury part...

Jay's proud voice made Mihir chuckle:"I'm so proud of you Mihir, tune unhe pakad kar kitne logon ki jaan bachai..I love you Sunny.. I'm so proud of you.."

Mihir wiped the tears of happiness...he wished just like Jay, even his mom would once say such words to him, he knew she didn't even know what work he did, but he wished for once to make his mumma proud...the mom for whom he left his happy life behind...

Jay:"Mihir, are you ok?"
Mihir:"Haan Bhai.. I'm fine.."

Covering his painful voice, Mihir didn't let Jay know his sadness..

Jay sighed and said:"Accha chal so ja, itna tiring mission tha, neend nahi aati kya tujhe?"
Mihir smiled sadly but then retorted back:"Aapko bhi nahi aati, aap bhi to tiring surgeries karte ho..chalo, so jao..sleep like a good boy..byee"
Jay:"Ruk, phone na kaat.."
Mihir sighed dramatically..
Jay chuckled and said:"Tu so ja, main Sula deta hun.."
Mihir laughed:"You remember you're just 2 years elder to me.."
Jay:"Exactly, I'm 2 years elder to you...now do what I say.."
Mihir huffed but settled down..

Jay started singing the one song that Mihir loved the most..

Sun sun nanhe lori ki dhun
Ho ja meethe sapno mein gum
Tu mere Suraj hai
Tu Mera chanda hai
Tu meri aankhon ka taara hai sun

Sun sun nanhe lori ki dhun
Ho ja meethe sapnon mein gum

Mihir's eyes moistened as he remembered the countless times his mother had lulled him and Madhav to sleep, this song was her favourite and both the boys loved it..
He had sung this to Jay once, when he had been heartbroken and had been unable to sleep..

Mihir laid down as Jay continued..

In Mumbai, even Madhav had been asking Meera to sing him lory, and pamper him on his holiday..Meera was obliged and made him lay on her lap, and sung the lullaby..

Mere laadle tujhko udhaun aachal
Aa thapkiyon se
Sulaun tujhe

Main taaron ki nagri se nindiyan bulaun
Ankhiyon mein Teri chupaun use
Nindiyan kya tere liye taare laun main
Maa ka tu nanha dulara hai sun

Sun sun nanhe lori ki dhun
Ho ja meethe sapnon mein gum..

Madhav smiled fondly and squealed when Meera caressed his hair..
Meera chuckled and shook her head at his antiques..