Chapter 24: Madhav's pain

As Mihir was shifted to the normal ward, they were allowed to see him..

Madhav told Meera to go first, it was one at a time...

Meera's heart pricked seeing him like that...

She kissed his right hand softly, and tried to not cry...

She talked to him:"Kyon Mihir, aisi stupidity kyon, tu hume bata sakta tha na, ki tujhe koi blackmail kar raha hai..aise akele kyon chala gya..hun? Tu...tu na, ek baar uth ja..fir dekh tujhe kaise seedha karti hun..."

The machine beeped as if responding to her, she saw no improvement in Mihir's body..

Her tone softened:"Bas ek baar theek ho ja bacche, I promise kabhi nahi daantungi...tu chahe toh tere kaan bhi nahi khinchungi.."
She caressed his ear cartilage and smiled remembering how he whined whenever she did that...

She wiped her tears and kissed his forehead, which had a big bandaid..

She looked at him for a second and then went out, not wanting to cry again..

Madhav looked at him from outside, through the transparent window...he couldn't gather courage to go in...

He feared that Deepak knew about Mihir's condition in Rajput mansion, in his teen years, and maybe he had used that against Mihir...

He just hoped he was wrong..

Jay shook him out of his thoughts:"Tu darvaze pe kyon khada hai Madhav, uske paas ja.."
Madhav hesitated..

He stepped back..

Jay held him by his shoulders, and asked:"Kya ho gya, kyon nahi jaa Raha tu?"

Madhav:"Ye ek mahine mein dusri baar hospital mein aaye hai...itna dangerous hota hai kya ye job?"
Jay:"Nahi Madhav, tera bhai hi thoda stupid hai, tu usse puchna jab vo uth jaaye.."

Madhav glared at him, and huffed..Jay pulled his cheek with a sad smile..Madhav looked at him questioningly, but Jay shook his head was pointed to the ward..

Madhav turned to the ward, nodded to Jay, and went in..

He talked to him for sometime, like he was listening...

A week later..

Mihir's physical injuries were healing, but the problem was persistent..

Dhruv and the officers had interrogated Deepak very harshly, to know what he did to Mihir..but Deepak didn't answer..

They then had seen the camera footage, which Deepak had recorded..

But for their disappointment, the footage was deleted, they couldn't get it back..

Actually Deepak had removed the footage, when he had gone to arrange the silencer for the gun..he did that, because Shalini had told him to never let anyone know about those recordings..after he had finished playing with Mihir's memories, he had destroyed all the recordings..

Right now, Madhav came to feed his mom something, who had been praying for Mihir's recovery, to get her happy life back..

He took his mother to the canteen, and unpacked the tiffin that their househelp had sent...

Meera had it with a sad face, everyone was upset...Madhav had already had his lunch, and the medicines...

He stood up to see Mihir...no movement, it was as if Mihir was in a deep sleep...Madhav prayed everyday that Mihir had not fallen into coma, coz that would break their family...they all wanted him back..

He went in and sat beside Mihir, and held his hand, and put it on his own head..

Madhav's voice cracked:"Uth jao na Dada, kya hua tha..ki aap apne Madhav ko bhi prioritise nahi kar rahe, aise thodi hota hai...ek hafte se aise ho, pls uth jao na..."