Chapter 34: The Interrogation

Mihir stood up after half an hour.. it was paining, but he knew the painkillers would soon kick in..

He had more work to do..

The interrogation room was witnessing Javed's screams and anger..

He was handcuffed to the table, like any other criminal..and that infuriated him..

Mihir saw Javed shouting on an officer and lost his cool..

He grabbed Javed back by the collar and shushed him by banging his arm on the table..

Mihir's eyes held fury that made Javed sit back for a second..

It was years of experience that gifted this demeanor to Mihir and other officers  like him..

The officer was calm because he was not allowed to interrogate, he just had to arrange for it, he was a field officer, and his experience in these tasks was not much..

Mihir patted his back, helping him relax his contracted muscles..his panick coming down slowly..
Mihir told him to leave in a very low voice, and he did..

There was a glass pane through which Ashok and the President were watching the interrogation.. Javed's back was facing them..

In the room there was a camera set up, ready to record the whole interrogation...

Mihir rolled up his sleeves..

He sat opposite to Javed and asked calmly:"Tumhe aur mujhe bahot acche se pata hai ki tumhare crimes kya hain...main chahunga ki mujhe haath na uthana pade, aur tum sab sach khud bata do...nahi bataoge, toh hum humare paas Jo evidence hai, vo pesh karenge, usse tumhe most probably life imprisonment in isolation, ya worse, hang to death..inhi mein se koi saza milegi...but agar tum co-operate karoge humare saath, toh I promise tumhari saza hum Kam karvayenge.."

Javed snickered:"Ek respected minister ko aise baandhna, you kidnapped me, and expect me to dance on your tunes...Maine itna Kiya apne citizens ke liye and this is what.."

He was cut off by a tight slap on his cheek..blood oozed out of his bruised cheek..

Javed looked up in shock, he was furious..

Mihir:"Apni asliyat chupane ke liye tune do chaar acche kaam kar liye, vo bhi double paise khaake, drugs supply, smuggling, terrorism, dushman desh mein vital information pahonchana...the list is endless.."

He bent to Javed's seat, and caged him, his hands on the arms of the chair..

Mihir continued, he looked straight into his eyes:"And so is your pitai, tu jitni der karega bolne mein, mujhe utna zyada gussa aayega, and mind you, yahan koi officer mujhe nahi rokega..I am the senior here...isliye Teri bhalai ke liye hi sahi, sab confess karle.."

Javed gulped but stayed stubborn..

Mihir glared at him, while tapping his foot on the ground, making a weird sound with his shoes..

Javed:"Main kyon bataun, tum illegally ye sab kar rahe ho..mujhe harass kar rahe ho.."

Another slap made him quiet..

By now his cheeks had swollen..

Mihir:"Harass toh tune kiya hai, countless victims ko, male or female, you left no one..agar main illegal hone pe utar aaya na, toh tu chalne layak nahi rahega, itne bones todunga na...ki you'll regret messing with me...I know your crimes, and unfortunately had to go through your case file, abhi abhi dekhke aaya hun, mera dimag already garam hai, you want to add oil to my fury? Bones tudvake maanega?"

Javed remained silent..

Mihir got a file and opened it in front of Javed...

It was the evidence file the team had prepared against him..