Chapter 37: Priceless Gifts

Madhav smiled mischievously and stopped him, and took the box away..

Mihir was too curious to see the contents of the box, he tried to snatch it back..

Madhav teased and ran away..

Mihir stood up and chased him..

The others became collateral damages, as Madhav hid himself and the box behind each person..

Madhu ducked down behind Jay, and Mihir tried to grab him...

Mihir almost caught him, but Madhav turned Jay to Mihir and ran away..

Mihir shouted:"Madhav, give me the box yaar..mujhe dekhna hai, de vapas.."

Madhav (laughing):"Noooo.."

Mihir ran behind him..

The others smiled at them and put their gifts on the centre table, and followed the two out..

Madhav hid the box in the garden, and turned away as he saw Mihir..

He had asked Shyam kaka, the gardener uncle, to engage Mihir..

Till the time he had hidden the box..

Mihir glared at him and asked:"Kanha box de pls.."

Madhav shook his head with a mischievous smile..

Mihir sighed, he always did that when he wanted Mihir's time..

Mihir pulled him in a hug and asked:"Kya chahiye Kanha ko.."

Madhav:"You still know me so well Dada..."

Mihir smiled and kissed his hairs..

Madhav hugged him tightly and said:"Aapse ek chota sa promise chahiye..ki aap humesha yaad rakhoge, ki Ghar par aapki family wait kar rahi hai..I know you'll go to so many dangerous missions..you won't tell us most of the things everytime, but just one promise...before you go on in self sacrifice, always remember I can't live without you...Mumma can't live without you..we need you Dada...and no matter what, that can never change...in 13 years mein main aur Mumma adhure the..you were incomplete too..Mumma fought through the situation bravely..she worked hard to educate me, to fulfill my dreams, and you have always been my inspiration Dada.."

Mihir's eyes widened in shock, he pulled back and looked at him..

Madhav smiled:"Pure truth hai, pehle main sochta tha ki aap bure ho gaye, badal gaye, but Sun Panther changed my thoughts...agar us din hum nahi milte, toh I don't know kya hota hai, I can't imagine my life without you now..I wonder how we lived away for 13 years.."

Mihir:"I wonder too..."

Madhav:"So coming back to the point, I won't hinder your duty, but mujhe sirf itna bharosa dilao, ki aap hume bhuloge nahi, jab bhi koi stupid self sacrificing thought aaye, you'll not give in.."

Mihir sighed and looked at him:"I won't do anything stupid when it comes to work, ok?"

Madhav frowned:"That's not what I asked for.."

Mihir smiled and ruffled his hair:"That's the only promise I can give you...ok?"

Madhav huffed and set back his hair, glaring at Mihir..

Mihir burst out laughing as he tried to give him a cold glare..

He pulled Madhav's cheeks, who whined and punched him lightly..

Mihir backed off, laughing..

Madhav cleared his throat and asked:"Aur andar jab hum kha rahe the, toh kheer khaate time aapko kya hua tha?"