Chapter 30: Convincing his Baccha...

Madhav was just going to question the doctor about Meera's condition, since the doctor had just come out..

Mihir reached at that moment, and stood beside Madhav, curious to know about his mumma..

The doctor said that stress had triggered the arrest, but now the operation had been successful, her actual condition could be told only once she gained consciousness...which could happen anytime..depending on her willpower to live..her heart's strength...she was a patient under good treatment for heart.... after several years of proper medication, her heart had recovered...so she could recover from the arrest, only if she had the will to live....if she did, then soon her heart would pump and she would be able to breathe on her own, not artificially...right now they had aided the heart's functioning..

Mihir and Madhav looked at each other..

The doctor said they could see her once she was shifted to ICU.. strictly one at a time..

Mihir looked at Madhav, he was controlling his tears badly..

Mihir held his hand and took him to a corner..

Madhav hugged him and wiped off his tears, nothing could happen to Meera..

Mihir blinked off his own tears...he didn't know what would happen, his heart refused to leave them alone...but he was duty bound... it was not a regular mission, otherwise he would have not gone, sending someone else..this was a critical case..

Mihir saw Madhav breaking the hug..

Mihir held Madhav's hand in his own:"Ek baat karni hai.."
Madhav nodded..
Mihir made him sit and said:"Kanha, I can't help it...main tujhe phone karta rahunga but.."
Madhav cut him off with fear in his eyes:"You are going?"
Mihir sighed and cupped his face, Madhav's eyes were moist..
Mihir:"Bacche bahot important mission hai, nahi hua toh bahot badi musibat aa jayegi..I..I need to go.."

Madhav jerked his hands and stood up:"No Dada, I thought aapko humari padi hogi...mumma yahan life and death ke beech hai, she..she had a cardiac arrest...and..and you say ki your mission is important?"

Mihir tried to hold him, but Madhav backed off:"Aapko ek baar bhi unka khayal nahi aaya, you said that you love both your mothers equally, then why are you leaving your mother behind....arey Janam Diya hai unhone aapko, us ma ka saath chod doge.."

Mihir:"Saath nahi chod raha.."
Madhav:"Yes..bhaag rahe ho, jaise humesha bhaagte ho.."

Hurt flashed in Mihir's eyes, he could understand that Madhav was saying the same thing that Mihir had wanted him to say, initially, when Shalini was blackmailing him...it was obvious for Kanha to feel insecure...13 years of separation had done that to them...he blinked off the moisture in his eyes..

Mihir:"Madhav pls..tu hurt hoke bol raha hai..shaanti se sochke bol bacche, pls.."

He tried to hold him, but Madhav moved away slightly..

Madhav:"Keep serving the country, keep winning medals...but remember Dada, end mein family hi saath khadi hoti hai...ek mission nahi mana kar sakte, kisi aur ko nahi bhej sakte.."

Mihir:"Possible nahi hai Kanha, I tried my best...aur main saath nahi chod raha.."
Madhav tried to interrupt, but Mihir kept his hand on Madhav's mouth..
Mihir:"Let me speak..main tujhe Roz phone karunga...I'll not leave you or mumma alone...I need you guys myself...aur kuch din ki hi baat hai Madhav, pls yaar samaj na.."

Madhav moved away from his hand and left..

Mihir held his hand and said:"I need your understanding Madhav.."

Madhav turned and said with hurtful eyes:"And I need you Dada.."

Mihir's eyes filled up...
Madhav turned away hurt...