Let's do something together

I'll make a cup of coffee for your head.

Y/N's POV

You wake up with the sun shining through your window and feeling weirdly well rested. It's been a while since you had a good night of sleep.

You grab your phone and the first thing you see is Rhea's message from last night. It made your heart glitch. There's a lot of things about her that make you glitch, aren't there? The bitter thought is so strong in your head it almost sounds like a voice. Fuck. You can't be falling, not for her. God, please not for her.

You save her contact and text back

"hey, thank you for bringing me home last night :)

xx Y/N"

seen 10:57AM

"Don't mention it! Did you sleep well? (also good morning!)"

seen 11AM

"good morning hahah. i did! thank you very much"

seen 11:15AM

"Have any plans for today?"

"no, why?"

seen 11:15AM

"Would you like to hang out?"

"sure! what do you have in mind?"

seen 11:15AM

"Just something chill I guess, walk the dogs and go to the beach"

"sounds like a plan!"

seen 11:15AM

You two figure out the details of when and where to meet and when it's time you ring Rhea's doorbell.

She opens the door smiling and you glitch, obviously. She's wearing some basic gymwear and a hat that leaves just her fringe falling to the right side of her face. In the back you see her dogs already excited for the walk.

The day follows very easily, the two of you chatting and laughing while you play with the dogs at the beach, getting to know each other a bit better shooting at each other questions like "What's your favorite color?" "What are your thoughts about religion?" "What's your dream vacation?" "Are you close to your family?" Laugh it off. Sensing your discomfort, Rhea suggests heading back to hers and watching some movies.

Being comfortable after a long day made your lack of sleep kick back in and you found yourself fighting against it in the middle of Sweeney Todd.

"It's ok, put your head on my shoulder". Her gentle voice is the last thing you listen to before dozing off on her shoulder.

Rhea's POV

We had a lot of fun today, it's very easy to keep a conversation going with Y/N. She's definitely the quirky kind but with a twist of acid humor and sarcasm that no one would expect. She has a way of coming up with conversation topics that makes me curious about everything that goes into her head.

"Are you close to your family?" The second the words leave my mouth I realize my mistake: her whole demeanor did a double take, showing discomfort for a split second before masking it with a joke. Well done, Rhea. Scared of mentioning any sensitive topics again, I keep the conversation as light as possible, suggesting we go back to watch a movie.

After like one hour in the movie I see her struggling to stay awake, the tiredness probably getting the best of her. I made a mental note to ask her about it later. The credits are rolling when she stirs a bit. "I'm sorry I fell asleep". She said with her head still on your shoulder.

"Don't worry about it" I say.

"Oh god, I really should get going" She answers looking at her phone.

"Come on, I'll make a cup of coffee for your head". I mess with her head a bit and we go to the kitchen. When the two cups of coffee are ready I sit in front of her, thinking about how to ask her without making her uncomfortable, "Y/N I've been meaning to ask you, is everything ok? I've noticed you've been very tired lately. It's ok if you don't want to answer though"

Y/N's POV

Wow I must be a walking zombie at this point if even Rhea is noticing. Not really understanding why she would ask about it or why she even seems to care in the first place, you ponder what to say before going for what you're used to: half truths.

"Yeah, everything is fine. It's just that I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately." You give her a small smile.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything happening?". She looks at you intensely and even though you know she's trying to transmit safety, it makes you overwhelmed.

"I've always had a little trouble with thinking too much, but sometimes it gets a bit worse and my sleeping schedule goes to shit". You laugh a little, hoping she would drop the subject. It's not that you don't think she's trustworthy or anything, it's just that you're not exactly thrilled to open up to people. It took you over a month to start actually talking to your therapist instead of just sitting there.

"I know we've only known each other for like three months but I wanted you to know that you can talk to me, ok? We are friends". She's lying. You know she is, why would anyone want to befriend you in the first place?

"Thank you, really..." An empty answer is the way to go.

You two talk about other stuff and decide to go pick up your car from last night's place. Before saying goodbye, Rhea puts her hand on your thigh, stopping you from moving.

"Y/N before you leave... don't stay awake for too long, ok?" She says. You think it's her way of saying 'take care'. It makes your heart warm. She cares?