Hurtless

Saying it was a mistake doesn't make it hurtless.

Rhea's POV:

I arrived at the location earlier on purpose, in hopes of getting to talk to Y/N before the shooting started. What I didn't expect though, was to see her get off a dude's bike just a few minutes before everything started. The scene stuck in my head: the way her hair (that was a bit longer now, I notice) moved when she took off the helmet and how she smiled softly while kissing that guy, who I assume was Leith before he sped away. Seeing that in real life and not just in pictures made my blood boil. I could break that guy in half with one hand.

"Y/N, hey." I say when she's about to walk past me. I could notice the exact moment she was pulled out of her thoughts because she froze dead in her tracks, looking at me with wide eyes. That wasn't the only thing I noticed though, I also saw how deep were her dark circles (again) and how her cheekbones are a little more noticeable. Was she not eating well?

"Rhea." She stuttered, her voice barely above a whisper. She alternated her look between the helmet and me.

"Ok you two, come on." I hear Sebastian's voice. Fuck.

"We're on our way" I tell him, giving him a 'please go away' smile. I turn to Y/N. "We have to talk."

"I know." her eyes didn't meet mine.

"After the shooting is over, at my place?" She nods in response and rushes to meet her coworkers, hanging her head low.

The whole day goes by rather smoothly, except for the moments when I had to make a tiktok with Cathy and Y/N as the one filming. I could see her discomfort. How they were being very selective on the things she would participate in made me angry. I asked Jennifer about it and all she told me was "would rather have her fired?" I could've punched her right there. Besides that, the bitter memory of what I saw that morning circled around my head nonstop, which made me a bit... aggressive.

Y/N's POV:

Once everything is done, you go outside to wait for her while smoking one cigarette after the other. You hoped it would calm you down but of course It didn't. During the whole day, to say that Rhea was on edge was uan understatement. She looked like she could slit someone's throat. Yours. Which made you dread the moment you two would talk about things.

"There you are." You are startled by a gentle touch on your shoulder, followed by the voice you love so much. However, there is a slight frown on her face. Mentally, you facepalm yourself: why did you have to kiss Leith there, where you knew Rhea could see?

"Oh, hi." You smile a little, stepping on the cigarette butt to turn it off.

"So, let's go?"

"Yeah, um, can I go with you? It's fine if you don't want me to, though. I can take an Uber or something." The helmet in your hand has never felt heavier.

"it's fine. Come on." The ride to her house was mostly quiet. You know Rhea can sense your discomfort and you can see her trying her best to ease the tension but it's not going that well. You're struggling with how anxious you are and she can't seem to be able to think straight at the moment.

Upon arriving, she rests her hand on your lower back, guiding you to her front door. You tense under her touch and she obviously notices it, pulling her hand away. "Y/N, I want you to know that I don't hate you. I couldn't even if I tried" It made you relax a little, just not enough.

"I sense there's a 'but' coming?"

"But it doesn't mean I'm not upset."

"I understand. I'm sorry."