Rooftop night

It is so easy to be with someone you like, especially under a meteor strike.

Rhea's POV:

I ring the doorbell and wait. I let out a long breath. God I'm so nervous it's ridiculous. I don't think I've ever been this nervous for a first date before but I can't help it this time.

"Hey champ!" She says smiling before hugging me. I step away to take a look at her and wow. I am hypnotized, the way the eyeliner brings attention to her eyes and the way her hair strands frame her face. The contrast in your mind, of seeing her wearing all black most of the time to wearing all white now.

"Let's go?" She nods and closes the door. We walk to my car so close our hands brush every now and then. And yes, it feels like electricity. I'm surprised with the amount of cliche things that I would usually laugh at are in fact happening between both of us and honestly, if that's what cliches feels like, I want it all the time, with her.

"Wow, how posh of you." Y/N's mocking voice leaves her lips as I open the door for her.

"Only the best for my Princess of Undersleeping". I mock her back. This is a nickname we came up with one day we were chilling in her couch:

"You know, at this point I'm the Princess of Undersleeping" She said, snuggling on my shoulder while pulling her fuzzy blanket above her nose. It was a rainy day and it was rather cold, a perfect day to stay on the couch.

"Why Princess instead of Queen, though?" I asked her quietly, yet laughing a little.

"Because whenever I think of the word 'Queen' I remember Charlotte and she is a great wrestler and all, but she's not my favorite, you are" She already had her eyes closed at this point, a soft smile hanging on her lips. I love her weird little talks when she's tired.

"You can be the Queen of Undersleeping for me, I don't mind". I answer, gently putting my arm around her.

"Nah, Princess is better."

"Ok, if you say so".

At Starlight Express, we chatted and laughed. The night was lovely and the weather was nice. Conversations come and go easily. It's always easy with her. I couldn't keep my eyes off of her, especially when she smiled, red lipstick really suited Y/N.

"So, what are you drinking?" I asked her.

"Well, there's this cocktail called besame mucho and I think it must be interesting". She said, a side grin and a mischievous look on her face. Since it was a fusion cuisine and some things were in spanish, I look up the drink in the menu and blush a little. Kiss me intensely. Was the translation they put for its name.

Ok Y/N, two can play this game.

"Why don't we make it two?" I smile devilishly at her, she blushes lightly and winks. This woman.

After eating and having a few 'besame muchos', we decided to sit side by side to watch the flickering lights of the city landscape. It was a bit chilly so of course I pulled her (even) closer when she hugged my side and laid her head on my shoulder, as we always do. My arm automatically going around her. It's only natural for us to stay like this.

"It's so beautiful here at night" I say, gently tapping my fingers on her arm.

"It is! The sky is so clear tonight I think we could see a shooting star if there were any" Y/N comments.

"What would you wish for, Miss Princess?"

"Miss Princess? What kind of nickname even is that? Wow." She answers with a laugh while looking at me intensely. Y/N looks so beautiful looking at me like this. From the way the light softly reflects on her cheeks to the way she licks her red lips. I can't seem to look away. I'm hypnotized.

As if reading my thoughts, Y/N closes the distance between us. Her warm plump lips touching mine.

Unfortunately, it stopped as suddenly as it started. She pulled away and I could almost see the engines spinning in her head, the anxiety starting to rise. I quickly pull her back into the kiss and hold the back of her neck so she won't pull away again. I won't let her overthink something we both wanted. Deepening the kiss, I could feel her tension dissipate when I move my other hand to her waist and press down a bit.

This woman will be the end of me. We pulled apart again, but this time because we were running out of air. Our foreheads touch each other while we catch our breaths.

Y/N's POV:

"What would you wish for, Miss Princess?" Princess. The way Rhea says it sends shivers down my spine, her voice deep and slow.

"Miss Princess? What kind of nickname even is that? Wow." You answer without being able to look away from her mouth. All you want to do is to kiss her.

Fuck it.

You kiss her but she takes a moment to kiss back. It was probably just a split second but it was long enough for your mind to start spiraling. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit. I shouldn't have done this. This was too soon. Hell. She probably didn't even want this and I misread the signs and-

Your inner turmoil was interrupted by her lips on yours. This time she was kissing you. She had her hand on the back of your head, with her fingers softly tangling in your hair. You swear you could melt right there. She deepened the kiss and god, kissing Rhea Rippey is addicting, the piercing in her tongue making everything much more... interesting.

The way she put her hand on your waist and pulled you closer made you melt further into her touch. The thoughts that were running through your mind a few seconds ago are long gone. She kissed you with the intensity of someone who's been wanting to do it for a long time now, almost as if she needed it. Needed to kiss you.

You pull away gasping for air but hold your forehead against hers either way. You don't want to break the contact. You can't. You let out a soft laugh. Her black lipstick had some red smears on it now. You're happily wrapped around her little finger, swinging endlessly.

"If I saw a shooting star today I wouldn't ask for anything, because I got everything I wanted right here." you think to yourself before kissing her again. No fear this time.

And maybe, just maybe, a shooting star passed in that exact moment. But you were too busy with other sorts of sparks, these ones much more mundane and yet, just as fascinating.