Stay

a/n: how are you all my beloveds?

Don't go away.

Y/N's POV

The next day, you wake up to an empty bed, frowning when you feel the sheets are still very tidy and cold on that side. Hasn't Rhea slept with you last night? You thought she'd give you one more night before you said goodbye, since you two were too faded to keep fighting. Your heart aches. It was at that moment that you knew you'd be reaching for her on the other side of the bed every morning for the rest of your life.

You always knew there was pain in letting go but you often seem to forget what pain feels like . It's pathetic how much you hate yourself, really.

She's the best you've ever had and it's all about to become just a memory because you're fucking incapable of not destroying everything you touch. Your 'sweet' mind kept reminding you.

Wondering if last night was the last time that you'd have seen her face as you got up, you didn't expect to find Rhea on the couch, holding the numerous pages of the emotive shitstorm you've written before telling her. She has a pained expression on her face.

You hate yourself even more now. If that's possible.

"Demi...I can explain." You were terrified, at best.

Your voice seems to pull her out of a trance, though. When she notices you're there, she quickly gets up from the couch and runs in your direction only to involve you in a bone crushing hug. You flinch in surprise. You expected her to be mad at you, scream, call you names. Hell, you wouldn't even be surprised if she hit you. Not because she's an aggressive person, she is not, but because you wouldn't be surprised if she did: you would have deserved it. However, instead of all of that, there she was, hugging you so tightly you could become one. One arm around your waist and the other on the back of your head. You like how her big frame engulfs you entirely. What?

"I'm not gonna let you push me away again." Her face was snuggled against the crook of your neck as she spoke.

"Demi-"

"Don't go away. Please don't do that. Just...stay this time."

It was not your first attempt at leaving when your head got dark. Back when you were threatened to be fired, you already had done this.

Cycle n. 4: leave when things get hard.

Or at least try to.

"Why are you doing this to me?" You ask barely above a whisper as your heart clenches, the wrestler was making everything especially harder.

"Because I love you, and I want us to work. And I know you do too." Rhea's voice is gentle and fingers softly run through your hair. She kisses your forehead before speaking again. "Come on, I'll make us some coffee."

You're not blind, you can see she's tiptoeing around you. "There you go, setting yourself on fire to keep me warm." That thought sounded louder than the rest.

"That's not it, Y/N. Not at all." Oh, it sounded so loud because it was not just a thought, then. You actually said that.

"Oh..." Was all you answered. What else could you say?

You stay beside her while she cooks, slowly sipping your irish coffee as your eyes follow her every move.

"I am sorry, you were never meant to read all of that..." You say after some time.

"I'm glad I did, though." Her voice is neither annoyed nor aggressive, which confuses you.

"What? Why?"