Trainwreck

a/n: heyyy talk to me in the comments I swear i'm nice (sort of) lmk what you think of the story?

TW

It's hard to look away from a trainwreck. 

Y/N's POV:

"It just feels so hard to control my emotions right now, I thought it would go away when my mom left but it didn't and Rhea is back and I don't want her to get accidentally hit by my fragments when this train finally crashes. And I'm on fucking countdown." You vomit your words on your therapist. She takes notes aggressively. Fuck.

"I understand how overwhelming it must feel, but have you thought that maybe talking about these things with Rhea may put at least some things back on track?" You ponder it for a few seconds. 

"Will it?"

"It might. I notice how good she makes you feel and how she always gives you space to communicate." You simply raise your shoulders in response. "But also, there's something I want to ask you."

"Ok, go ahead."  You can see where this is going and you don't like it. 

"Y/N you're a bit agitated, have you been sleeping?" 

You don't say anything else in return. She takes it as a 'no'. 

"It's just... I've been having too many things in my head. And I take those pills the psychiatrist prescribed me sometimes, for anxiety."

You recall the last session with your therapist you had a little before your mom left, you were  a mess that day. Don't get it wrong, you're still a mess now but the difference is that instead of your mother's overwhelming presence, you have some other things keeping you up at night. First, the trace of destruction she left in your brain all over again, like it always happens when she's visiting for longer than 5 hours. Then, the whole 'Rhea situation' keeps getting worse. Some people on Twitter are connecting the dots, saying things like:

"isn't it that girl that is always filming them?" and 

"i went to Raw one monday and the girl was there with an A.A pass. is Rhea dating the social media girl?" or even 

"ugh what does she have that I don't? Rhea could do better." 

You couldn't really disagree with the last one.

Obviously, this buzz made your already very volatile situation at work even more unstable. To the point they're starting to call it a 'PR crisis'. You feel like throwing up every time you see the HR lady look at you.

The red crescent moons on your hands multiply from how hard you've been digging your nails in them to keep it together. Keeping yourself from spiraling has been hard unless you have chemicals making you too numb to let all those words get to your head. You started to fall back into another bad habit: having to leave a carry-on bag in your car so you can mask the cigarette smell with other clothes. Oh, yes, right:

Cycle n.2: numbing agents

Rhea doesn't even know that you smoke, let alone the casual self-medication into numbness. Well, technically you don't do either of those things, only when you're so anxious and frustrated that it's somehow worse if you don't.

You've never been good with coping mechanisms.

You go to such lengths to hide them because if she catches the glimpse of anything on you, she would definitely know something is up and would ask about it, but right now, you would rather die than open up about them. You're not exactly proud of your choices, and the thought of letting Rhea down with them too is too much for you to handle. So you don't.