Destructive

this chapter was supposed to go up at 2:15AM as usual but our beloved platform didn't do its thing so here i am posting it manually, sorry the delay xx

tw// low self talk, depression, anxiety

When numbness and pain are synchronized.

Rhea's POV

After talking to Sebastian, I decided on going to the gym to get my thoughts in order, or at least try. Arriving there, I see Dominik and Priest working out too. I pass by them and wave, not even taking my earpods off. Motionless in White blaring through them.

"I guess Y/N isn't the only one falling into old habits. " Dominik called me up during our workout, seeing that I was getting angry at every little thing, trying to push harder than Inormally would.. He was right, though, I noticed I have been spending very little time at home lately and when I am there, I actually have my own frustrations consuming me. I haven't brought up neither Leith nor the fact that she keeps pushing me away. It makes me sad that she still struggles to let me in. I know she has trust issues but I can't stop wondering how long it will take for her to lean on me, for her to understand that I'm here for her to help her carry the weight when it gets too heavy.

"I know, I'm just frustrated with everything...I guess."

"Pushing things under the rug won't help, you've been there." He's got a point. I drop the weights a little more aggressively than I should.

"Yeah, I know, but I fail to see where this is any of your business" I shoot back.

"Alright Mrs. Hot Head, alright." Dom raises his hands in surrender, not daring to say anything else during the rest of the workout. I turn up the volume on my AirPods.

We were leaving the gym when I felt him pat on my back.

"Good luck today then? I really hope you two work out." I hope so too. I don't like being awkward with Y/N not only because seeing her happy makes me happy - and horny, I won't lie - but also because I like how I feel when she's around. I feel like I am my best version.

"The boys and I were thinking about hanging out at Priest's on Saturday. It would be nice if you two went, maybe get your heads off of things?"

"Oh.. I'll talk to Y/N." Maybe that was actually a good idea. A distraction from everything could actually do us good.

Y/N's POV

You were playing with Josephine when the message notifications sounded loud on my phone, echoing through the living room and scaring both of us. It was Sebastian, whom you've also been ignoring lately.

"Girl, I know u r MIA but maybe consider eventually telling Rhea you don't have any interest in Leith anymore.

"wdym?"

"She came to me asking if I knew anything about him, among other things."

"And if I thought you were only with her because she looks like him"

"And that she met him leaving your place the day you got fired.

"And that she understood why you kept him around, because he's your sick boy soldier."

"Poor thing is drowning in self-doubt and jealousy"

"And fyi, there were tears."

"oh shit"

"Don't fuck it up with her."

"you're asking me to be born again"