Situationship

It's only a matter of time

Y/N's POV:

You wake up in the next morning with your head on Rhea's arm and your legs intertwined with hers. The sun is barely rising outside, sneaking a gentle light through the curtains as if asking for permission to be in there with the two of you during such an intimate moment. Wow. How cheesy . You think to yourself.

You're glad it is there though, so you can take in Rhea's relaxed features. Your fingers lightly tracing each one of her tattoos.

A small smile forms on your face while remembering last night's events. How strongly she gripped your wait. How her tongue piercing felt on your body. How hot her touch was.

Rhea has lit you up by just being there. You two had some sort of chemistry. Even you couldn't deny it: the way you two moved together and adjusted to each other so effortlessly.

You're falling. Hard. Freely. Fast. And the ironic part is that you like the breeze in your face, even when you can see the ground getting closer. A small voice in your head says. It has a point though: the way Rhea has you this head over heels for her is not good.

But 'good' was never your strongest suit, anyway.

Everything that's been happening makes you start to wonder if this... situationship will ever go somewhere, or if you're just filling up an empty space in her life by being some sort of entertainment to pass the time.

"There's this thing, Y/N, called realistic expectations, which is something we have to find between blind optimism and nihilism" You lost count how many times you heard your therapist tell you that. "The lack of hope that something good can actually happen to you and always expecting the worst falls under the latter, I think you know that."

"Yes. I do. But it's a way to coping mechanism"

"Coping mechanism for what?"

"Penny for your thoughts?" Rhea's morning voice pulls you back to reality.

"Nah, don't bother." You answer, giving her a small peck in the lips and cuddling again on her side. You close your eyes to keep you from blushing and maybe to keep her from reading you. She does that well.

"Oh so we've been awake for hours just for you to go back to sleep now?" We? She was awake all this time too?

"No sleep, just a little more of... this"

"Ok." She hugs you in response, gently moving her hand up and down your back.

The two of you stay like that for a while, until Rhea decides to get up. She leaves the room and you go into the bathroom. Damn it, Rhea. Your inner thighs had more than just a few hickeys. Seeing all this damage and remembering how good everything felt, you were sure she's done it before. No one can do that with their tongue on their first try.

The thought makes you feel at ease. Yes, you two have been... tangled for a while now, yet you still had your doubts if the fact that you were a woman bothered her. Well, if she leaves you at least that won't be the reason.

You brush away your thoughts and try to focus on the present: getting ready and going to the kitchen, since you can already smell eggs and bacon.

Rhea talks sweet nothings while you just sit there and listen quietly. You're not a huge fan of talking during the morning. After a while though, you start warming up.

"So Rhea Ripley is not exactly straight, is she?" Your curiosity gets the best of you and the words leave your mouth before you could think twice.

"What?" She looks at you with wide eyes .

"Sorry, it's not any of my business." You focus on your coffee. The voice of your mom fills your head: " Stop asking questions about their lives, they would tell you if they wanted to. That's why nobody stays, they think you're prying."

"It's fine, don't worry. Well, when I was in high school I had a boyfriend, but at this one party I met this girl. We got paired for a 10minutes in heaven during truth or dare and things unraveled from there. Also during Mae Young I had a few hook ups too, until I met Kevin. So yeah, that makes me bi I guess. I don't care about labels though, to be honest." She answered simply, even though I could hear a bitter undertone when she mentioned the girl. "And you? How did you find out?"

"Well, it started off with Sam and Danny from Danny Phantom I guess, but later on I couldn't simply understand why people thought some characters were hot and some weren't based on their gender." You say, laughing a little.

"So... Sam and Danny Phantom huh?" She grins, picking up on the reference.

"Yeah I guess you can say I have a type." Damn. You do, in fact. Leith and Rhea were very similar in appearance.

"Oh really? And what is it?"

"I don't know... you tell me?" You ask while leaning in for a kiss.

As for the rest of the next two weeks, it's physically hard for the both of you to stay far away from each other: you two are living in this bubble-like reality in which nothing else matters apart from one another. The both of you hang out a lot when she's here. You learned about her family in Australia and how much she cared for them, you learned how she likes her coffee, what pisses her off and what she's passionate about.

However, you start to grow suspicious about how good everything has been. You know it's only a matter of time until you ruin things.

Or until, Rhea starts to get bored of you, whatever happens first.

What you didn't expect, though, is that it would happen so fast. Rhea was traveling again at the moment, but that's not the problem, really, (you're used to people being away, Leith himself was more often touring than not). The problem isn't even the fact that she's only giving you short evasive answers.

The problem is the situation. See, as a part of your job, you have to monitor all the buzz created around the name Rhea Ripley, and that includes not only seeing the interviews that create the buzz, but also reading the comments and tweets about them. So you can't say you were exactly pleased to see that most interviewers asked about the 'mysterious girl' she's been seen a lot with recently. Other than that, you were even less pleased when you heard her answers:

"Oh it's just some random girl I met"

"We are really good friends, that's all"

"I'm not dating anyone at the moment guys. Mami is free"

"Oh yes there's a list of things I look for in a partner but to be honest I don't have time for a relationship right now."

And the part that got you fuming on the inside is that despite none of those being actual lies, you were still left with a bad taste in your mouth.