Effects

The effects you have in me

Rhea's POV

When I get back home, Y/N is already dressed up for us to go to Damian's, so I just take a quick shower while she starts to put on some light makeup. We tell each other about our days.

"I went to the park with the dogs for a bit and I also wrote you something in our little notebook, so whenever you have some time, give it a read."

"Should I be worried? It gives me war flashbacks." I joke but try to push my own anxiety away.

"No, not at all! I just needed to write things down to make sense out of my thoughts, you know that."

"I'll trust you on this."

"As you should!" Y/N sasses. "Really though, it's nothing bad, in fact, it's a bit cheesy. Ok, it doesn't matter. Not now anyways. And you? How did your day go?"

"Ugh, today was exhausting, I had a shit ton of meetings and ugh, hate corporate talk." I complain.

"One good thing about being unemployed, I guess." She jokes.

"Hey, you have more good things than that now."

"Yeah? Like what?"

"You can travel with me anywhere now."

"Yeah because that won't raise any suspicions about us."

"What if I want to raise suspicions about us?" I close the faucet and get my towel from the hanger, drying my face and head first. The bathroom became so silent I actually started to question myself if Y/N had left and I didn't notice.

"What do you mean?" Her voice sounded weirdly closer.

"Jesus, fuck! Y/N!" I turned around carelessly, only noticing she was inches away from me (only on the other side of the glass, sadly ) when I lifted my head. The frown in her face dissipated with my slight jump, replaced by a huge smile. Loud laughs escape her mouth.

"The way you jumped, I wish I recorded it! I am so doing this again!" She can barely speak with how hard she's laughing. I start laughing too. That's her effect on me.

It's contagious.

I wrap the towel around my body and pull her in for a hug, my arms over her shoulders while hers close around my waist.

"I love how you smell." I feel her inhaling deeply.

"Don't be a creep." I mess with her hair and go get ready.

"Rhea!" Y/N pouts and immediately goes to fix it. "What do you mean, though? With wanting to raise suspicions." She comes out of the bathroom with her makeup done and her hair properly brushed (again).

"I want to make us public, Y/N, I want everyone to know you're mine. I want people to know Mami only has eyes for you." I tease.

Y/N goes silent for a second.

Y/N's POV

The deep tone Rhea used to say it made a shiver run down your spine. You hate the way she knows how to mess you up. In the hot way. Or maybe you love it. Who knows, right? You feel your cheeks burning for a second but you try your hardest to concentrate. She wants to go public.

With you?

"Babe, we've had this conversation before, I don't mind staying in the shadows." You try to reason.

"Yeah, and we both know that's not true." She answers absentmindedly. "Besides, hiding it didn't work out very well either."

Ok, there's no way to disagree with any of that.