Personal fire brigade

You set things on fire because hell is all you know

Y/N's POV

When you wake up once again to an empty bed, you wonder if all that happened last night was just a dream and in the end Rhea did leave. However, standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom washed away those ideas. Your 'sex hair' and the many scratches on your body were evidence you didn't imagine one single thing. With that, another though crosses your mind:

Who would've thought Rhea Ripley was a scratcher?

You're not gonna lie, it was a pleasant surprise, although it was definitely not on your 'Rhea-bingo-chart'. It stuck to your head because she has never scratched you before. Not this much, at least. Either way, you like how the marks look on you. It's hot. Memories from last night fill your head.

As she was getting closer, you felt her getting more and more desperate, only it didn't feel purely physical, it felt deeper, emotional even. The way she started almost clinging onto you and the sound of your name escaping her mouth amidst soft moans while her nails were sinking on your skin. Everything felt as if she was scared you'd disappear in the blink of an eye if she stopped touching you.

Like you would be the one to get up and leave.

For obvious reasons, though, you didn't pay too much attention to it at that moment: you had a bigger priority moaning your name in front of you and she was about to squirt.

It stuck to your head, nonetheless. You think that was more of a subconscious reaction to everything you've been through in the past days, rather than an intentional one. But then again, it's not like you didn't like it.

Not only the scratching (which felt good as hell) but also feeling wanted. Needed.

--

After showering, you go to get some coffee and, on the table, you see a small bouquet with your name on a tiny tag attached to it. You smile a little, recognizing Rhea's round calligraphy. It was carefully set on top of what looked like a letter. Ok, maybe the insecurities you had when you woke up were starting to resurface.

Just like the word 'again', you were starting to dislike the idea of letters and papers between you too.

Your eyes quickly scan over it, not catching any triggering word that would indicate Rhea had changed her mind. Gladly. While your notes were messy like a poorly-made handwritten version of The Ship of Theseus, Rhea's were organized, composed, clear. You doubt it comes as a surprise: she's the calm to your storm.

The way she is always so poetic makes you melt. She even put on a title?

I don't regret calling you mine

Starlove,

I'm sorry I didn't wake you up before leaving, you looked too cute for me to do it. You always do. But don't worry! I'll be back soon, I'm just out for some grocery shopping Ps. I hope the old lady across the street won't mind that I stole a few roses for you xd

I thought about writing this because maybe it can be a good way for both of us to communicate clearly, since it seems to work for you. And it's fine by me. Also, take that frown off your face, it's nothing bad, I swear.

How can someone be so perfect? You think before continuing reading.

I love you, Y/N, so much. Please don't ever doubt my love for you. I need you to trust me when I say I love you for who you are. I am aware that the demons can get pretty loud in our heads, and I know what it's like to feel helpless sometimes but believe me when I say that you're not half as bad as you think you are. You are kind, funny, smart, hot, god you are hot .

Have you seen us? We are the hottest couple alive.

I know you've been through shit and you have a hard time trusting people but I want you to know you can trust me. I will always be there for you.

I need you to know that. To be sure of that.

I know you set things on fire because hell is all you know, it's your automatic response but I wanna show you that not all flames have to be destructive like forest fires. They can be calm, controlled and keep us warm, alive, like a fireplace during the winter.

Reading it sent shivers down your spine because it's as if she was reading your mind as that was the exact way she makes you feel.

I guess you can call me your personal fire brigade, because I'll be here to help you do it. It's so important to me to see that you actually took the first step in communicating, especially when it wasn't comfortable, you have no idea how relieved it made me. You're not a burden for being sad and you never will be. Not only that, but also because your feelings matter to me, the good and the bad ones.

Despite all your pain and your demons getting in the way, I knew you were trying, and that's all I can ask. For you to not give up on us just yet. Or ever , if it depends on me. I'm not giving up on you. I know it can get very dark before dawn, and how suffocating it can feel to have our demons taking over us but please remember you don't have to do this alone. You don't have to do anything alone. I'm gonna be there when you need me, even if it makes me bleed, simply because I care about you.

And as much as I hate to admit it, you have my lanky asshole of a doppelgänger and Sebastian. You have people that care about you, and that would like to see you well and thriving.

You laugh at how she described Leith.

Even though you think you're a ticking bomb and convinced yourself you deserve to be ruined more than you deserve to be loved, I know I can look right through every excuse you try to throw at me because that's what we do when we love somebody. We stay , Y/N. We stay with them in the dark until they can see the light again. We stay and talk things out instead of running away. Things are not only right if they are easy.

Ouch.

That is why if I can ask you for one thing and one thing only, is to keep communicating with me. It makes me feel good when we talk things out because I want us to work. When the words get too heavy to say out loud, remember you can always write them and we will figure it out.

I chose you and I chose to stay with you because my heart only wants you, no one else. It feels at home when I'm beside you. I promise you, love, I promise you, you're all I see. That's why it hurts so much when you try to push me away, not only on me but on you too.

It hurts because it matters, because we matter.

We are unstoppable together, love.

Starshine, I love you, you deserve so much more than these words. You deserve the whole universe, and I'll bring it down with my bare hands for you, but if I promised to never leave your side, could you promise me the same?

Xx Rhea

You never typed something so fast in your life.

'i promise'

seen 10:41AM

After sending the message and realizing you had a huge smile and happy tears on your face, you notice that in the corner of the page, something else written in a handwriting so tiny you had to scrunch your eyes to read it.

You don't need me to unbreak you because you're not broken.

Your heart fills with love even more as Rhea didn't let anything slide from your chaotic note.

God, you really love this woman.