Synchrony

this chapter is a bit longer than usual, tell me what you think?

also thanks to Queen of the Damned for helping me out with this one

Your smile is the weapon pointed my heart

Y/N's POV:

Your mind is circled around your date with Rhea for quite some time to be honest.

That night was so good you two laughed until your bellies hurt and stole kisses here and there. Rhea Ripley kissed you . The woman you had the biggest crush on kissed you, under a starry sky, in a nice restaurant. You really couldn't have asked for anything better.

Not only that, she took the alternate road when taking you home, making our path longer. All with the excuse of " wanting to see the city at night" while driving slower than usual. You definitely didn't complain though, she had your hand in hers the whole time, sending heat through your always-cold fingertips all the way to your cheeks. You couldn't be more glad to the fact that it was dark so your blushing wasn't that noticeable. As she kept her fingers posessively intertwined with yours, she only had her left hand on the steering wheel. And that was... hot.

"Thank you for going out with me tonight. I had a really good time." She smiled, messing with her keys, like she was trying to find reasons not to leave.

"Nothing to thank me for. All I did was laugh and kiss you." You answer, smiling mischievously (hoping it would make her kiss you again). It worked. She pulled you by the waist for a short kiss. Just as you two split with smiles on your faces, just staring at each other. You could hear your cat meowing from the balcony five floors up.

That was a good night, so much that it left you wanting more, but the two of you could only meet a few times after the date and it was mostly job-related which meant you obviously couldn't kiss her right there. Bummer. However, you've been texting each other a lot while she was away. The messages were really something : a mixture of nonchalant (or maybe not-so-nonchalant) flirting with random subjects. You loved your little conversations, especially now that Rhea was very often in a timezone that your 2AM radio and her schedule can actually match without you feeling guilty of keeping her awake.

2AM radio is how she called your habit of talking nonsense late at night. That's another thing you like about her, she has names for everything and everyone: Miss princess, moondust, little vamp (which is short for little vampire), hellraiser, piercy-blue, starchild. Along with many others made you blush every time, but you doubt this is any news at this point.

"I like calling you things related to night because you're always awake" She explained once.

"That's barely true anymore, though." I've been getting very good nights of sleep lately and I think it has to do with the fact that someone nearly eradicated my insomnia " You answer with honesty, being with Rhea did wonders to your sleeping schedule. She smiled at your subtle mention of her. You like how she picks up these little things.

The sleepless nights still occur from time to time. It's not like they would magically disappear, but they are considerably less frequent now. When the two of you met, they would occur more often than not while lately they only happen when you're very stressed. Rhea, of course, seems to notice it, and tries her best to ease your mind on these days. You really don't deserve someone like her in your life.

"It seems like she's doing a great job helping you with it, and it's good that you're taking her help, especially when I know you're not so keen on accepting it from other people. But don't forget that you cannot depend entirely on her, you have to do it for yourself too." Your therapist told you once, when she noticed you looked more well-rested and overall...better.