Bad Omens

This chapter is not that interesting in my perspective but I was inspired the concept of mandalas (especially when we force them) to write it.
It will be explained later so stay tuned for further updates.
Tell me what you think about this one? What do you think is gonna happen?
ps. I updated the Spotify playlist with some songs that were missing. Link is in my profile ;)
Xx

I built it from the ground just to burn it down.

Y/N's POV

The morning after you wake up to an empty space on the right side of the bed. That made you sad for a split second until you heard the noises coming from the kitchen, letting you know Rhea was still home. You get up slowly and pick up Josephine from the foot of the bed, carrying her like a baby. The cat's purr makes you happy. Jose is comfortable on your lap and for the first time in what felt like an eternity, both your head and heart were clear at the same time . Your chest didn't feel heavy and your head didn't have any extra substance numbing it. It's crazy how one simple night being held by Rhea made things a little better. She didn't get mad when you lied through your teeth with the 'i'm fine's.

And more importantly, she stayed.

When you get to the kitchen, the smell of eggs and bacon fills your nostrils. You let the black ball of fur down and hug the wrestler from behind, resting your head against her back. You like the way her skin feels warm against your cold cheek and how fresh she smells. Your nose was so close to her skin you couldn't even smell the food anymore, only the fresh scent of her shampoo.

"Hey love." Her voice is still a little deep from not using it. She slightly turns to kiss your forehead while still cooking. You feel yourself blushing a little.

"Hey." You can see a smile form on her face.

The clattering of the kitchenware was the only sound that could be heard while you two had breakfast. Rhea having a proper one and you sticking to your Irish coffee. Rhea learned to prepare just for you, as she knew you wouldn't drop it. Old habits die hard, even more so when they are tied to addictive substances. The difference is that she puts in less whiskey than you would but honestly, you're not so sure if you care since you're usually too busy watching the way her muscles moved when she was preparing it to focus on percentages of alcohol. Well, apart from these past days in which you weren't really focusing on anything.

Josephine was on your lap the whole time you were at the table, purring loudly. It's almost as if she felt you slowly becoming yourself again and was happy about it. The thought warms up your heart.

One other thing that also indicated your haze was finally fading is the way you were glued to Rhea. Your arms and legs pressing against her in a way you could see the wrestler struggling to cut things. She didn't comment on it, though. You rest your head on your shoulder once you finish your coffee. The sides of your mouth curl up in a small smile. Rhea of course notices it and gives you a long kiss on the head.

You like how peaceful you're feeling right now. All you needed was to be held by Rhea. Who would've thought, right?

Regardless, the past weeks you could barely handle being close to her, but last night seemed to have rewired the part of your mind that makes you want to cling to her and be close to her all of the time. You couldn't wrap your head around the wonders one good night of sleep - even after a breakdown - in her arms could bring, fixing almost everything that was wrong with you by easing off your anxiety. Besides, the silence of the apartment, the chilly weather and her presence altogether made you feel some sort of peace you haven't felt in a while, even before Royal Rumble.

"I'm gonna go and get ready, ok?" Rhea says as she finishes putting the dishes away.

"Demi, wait! Thank you, for last night." Despite being used to calling her by her stage name, it is her real name that comes out this time. Again. You think it's because your mind couldn't process anxiety and a stage name together? You wouldn't know. Rhea, of course picked on it (her raised eyebrow gave it away) but didn't mention anything.

"Oh love." She hugs you tightly with her head resting on top of yours for a few seconds before going to get changed.

She kisses you goodbye, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

And we all know that is never a good thing.

Throughout the rest of the morning, you were focused on how you were going to go tell Rhea everything you had to. Writing was always a way for you to organize your thoughts so you got a pen and a piece of paper to start, simply writing your heart out. No filter. No reason. Just feelings poured on a page.

Many hours, cigarettes and irish coffees later, you're rereading it for what feels like the thousandth time to see if it makes any sense, making adjustments on top of adjustments until you are satisfied.

You decide to go and Rhea a little apology gift at the jewelry shop nearby. It was a simple necklace with a key on it. They were made of silver and the pendant had a twirled design around a small obsidian in the top part. 'I like this one because the obsidian protects the heart of our loved ones and the key sets them free.' The old man from the store told you. It was perfect. It also matched with the locket you always wore as a pendant.

"Will I ever have the key for it?" Rhea asked once. You both were on her bed naked, trying to catch your breaths. She was laying beside you, running imaginary lines around your necklace and carefully analyzing the locket.

"You already do." You whisper Your right hand playing with her slightly sweaty hair.

"Do I?" Rhea looks intensely at you with her piercing blue eyes and you glitch. You don't think you will ever stop glitching around her.

"Yep." That's the last word heard between you two before you kissed her. Lust filling the atmosphere.

--

You hoped she would take it.

The rest of the time you had, you spent sitting down on your couch with your notebook in hand while reading the thought process behind everything you had to say until you knew it par coeur.

You really needed her to listen but more importantly, you needed her to understand. Rhea deserves that. She can choose to hate you afterwards but you have to let her know why. Even though a small part of your head was actually trying to calm you down because Rhea excels at reading through your blurry lines and mixed codes, you can't expect her to always understand . And most importantly, you can't expect her to always forgive you .

For once in your life, you felt the need to communicate instead of just hiding things under the rug. That's how important she is to you: you're forcing yourself to break out of your patterns for her.

What matters here is how many of them you're gonna be able to break, though.

——

You were sitting on the couch with your legs crossed as you fidgeted the small box that contained the necklace when Rhea opened the door.

"Hey, love!" Her smile is sweet as she gives you a quick peck on the lips and messes with your hair before disappearing in the bathroom.

You really hate yourself right now.