Clean slate

a/n: sorry for the delay in update, i had to move away and life is very heavy atm, may take a little longer to update, or not, maybe pain will get me into writing more idk lets see, anyways, how are you all doing, excited for WM40?

We need a clean slate without dents.

Y/N's POV

While your girlfriend didn't return, you were making a mental list of a few things you needed to tell her once she was here. You think back to all of the things your therapist suggested you could do to improve communication. Perhaps this could be an interesting moment to put them into action. You're not really sure if you have what it takes, though. It's no secret to anyone that familiarity runs through everything you do. Coping mechanisms, relationships, understanding of self, the list goes on, but it all pretty much sums up to your well known behavioral cycles.

Human brains like familiarity because it makes it easier to process the world surrounding them. You remember hearing it in high school during a biology class but now, the more you think about it, the more certain you are about it.

Rhea barely had any time to open the door and put the groceries down before you jumped on her, immediately wrapping your legs and arms around her like a koala. She holds you up with her hands under your knees with ease as she does a small spin that makes you feel like you were in a movie. You wanted this moment to last forever. From the way she was laughing and staring at you with the most loving eyes you have ever seen, to how you could feel her excitement when you pecked her lips, everything about it was making your heart glitch. Hard. At this point, you're sure you will never react normally to Rhea, especially after the way she managed to calm all your demons.

You have to admit, you never thought you would find someone that understands you like this. That loves you like this.

"I love you." You whisper intimately, once you break the kiss. Your foreheads against each other.

"I love you too, moonshine, so much." Your lips meet again and she carefully puts you down, resting her hands on your waist. You had yours on her neck, playing with the shorter strands of hair in the back. Rhea closed her eyes for a few seconds, almost purring under your touch. You admire the view for a few seconds before pulling her into a tight hug.

"Thank you for writing all of that. I didn't know I needed to hear all of that... or well, read." You say against the crook of her neck.

"And I meant every word. You're important to me."

"You're so fucking important for me too, Demi. You have no idea... The way you bring out the best in me. You make me want to be better, but I don't think I can do it on my own, can you help me?" It's rare that you ask for help so explicitly. "Like, pushing me out of my comfort zone to communicate." If you weren't staring into her eyes when you said that, you would've missed how they got slightly teary.

That's true, you want to be better. You want to be better because of her . For her. It reminds you of a conversation you had with your therapist not so long ago as this was a very recurrent topic in your sessions: your inability to change.

"Y/N, as a professional, I should tell you that although it's great that Rhea supports you, and that she shouldn't be the only reason why you would want to change, I've known you long enough to know that this connection you have with her won't happen again that easily, and if that's the one thing that will keep you from drowning, fine. So be it, let her be your catalyst and we will work from there."

"Catalyst?"

"Yes, your firestarter. Something, or someone who has the capability to give you reasons to believe you deserve better, and trust me, Y/N, you do."