Apathy meets complacency

Equal parts silence and hurt

Rhea's POV

"You might wanna talk to your gf."

"What? Why?"

Did something happen??"

"Just talk to her"

seen 2:36PM

The text Sebastian sent me made me uneasy. I texted her a lot already, not getting any response. I pull my hair back in frustration from what seemed like the millionth time. This is not good. It is never good when she shuts out.

"Fuck" I say under my breath but somehow Dom is still able to catch it.

"What happened?"

"Y/N is not responding."

"Oh no." He knows about the whole situation we're in. And he knows how Y/N being avoidant is not a good thing.

"Yeah. Oh no."

We continue our workouts and I try to not put too much thought into it. Later, we recorded the Monday night RAW episode of the week and for the three hours it lasted, I couldn't stop thinking about Y/N. Thankfully I didn't have any matches today. Once it was over, I ran to get my phone, in hopes of having some sort of sign of life from Y/N but there was none.

Although I knew Y/N would need to be alone for a little while from time to time (she is an introvert, after all), today didn't look like an isolation to recharge when she needs peace, quietness and her cat. No, the current situation is weird because her definition of being alone usually included me being at arm's reach. She herself made that clear some time ago, before we started officially dating.

"Rhea... can I ask you something?" I always got a funny feeling in my stomach when she asked that. I think it's because I never really knew what to expect.

"You just did." I kissed her. I can't help but to do so when she looks at me with those eyes. "What is it, love?"

"Is it ok if like... we go lay down in the dark for a bit?"

"Oh, yeah, sure! Are you feeling sick?" I ask worriedly.

"No, not at all! It's just, I don't know, sometimes I feel like existing is too much? And then I just need to be alone for a little? But I don't want you to go... Like, I want to be alone but you're there? I don't know?" I was not following to be honest, and she might have caught it because she continued almost right away. "You know what, nevermind, it's just me being weird."

"Y/N, hey, no. I'm sorry, talk to me." I got closer to her, gently squeezing her left thigh. I'm usually pretty good at getting what she means but right now I was confused. She wasn't kicking me out, was she? "Do you want me to leave?" I had to make sure.

"No! Please, no.. stay!" Y/N uttered. Her eyebrows furrowed in desperation. Oh love. I pull her closer.

"Alright, alright!." I laugh. "I'm not leaving."

"Thank you." Her voice is soft.

"So... what do you want to do?" I ask again.

"Ok so, you know I'm an introvert, right?" I nod, that wasn't really a secret to anyone. "It's just that sometimes I have to recharge a little? Like a robot. Quiet, still, in the dark. So technically alone, on my own, but it would mean a lot to me if you stayed there with me? I feel like I can recharge faster with you around and also... you're a nice pillow." The last part has a little hint of sass that only made me fall more in love with her, if that's possible. I stood up and quickly lifted her up like a koala, holding her by her waist as she wrapped her legs around my waist. She squealed but then started laughing, hugging my neck as if I'd drop her somehow.