Can be and could've been

I'm jealous of how easily you walked away.

Y/N's POV:

For months 'the talk' has been on hold due to Rhea having to travel to promote the Royal Rumble and not being in town long enough for you to actually have some time alone. What you could see, though, during the few times you saw her during this period, is that she's been on edge. You brush it off as the nerves for the Royal Rumble. She wished you two never fucked, anyways.

You two agreed that it would be better to have that conversation in person, since the attempt over FaceTime didn't go well: you went mute every time you didn't know how to answer and Rhea was getting frustrated. It's not a secret that you're not exactly good with words and Rhea is insanely good at reading your micro gestures that it takes a lot off of your shoulders. With it, waiting for the opportunity to talk face to face seemed like the most mature thing to do.

What wasn't so mature from your part though, is that during the meantime, you were somehow back with Leith. Making good decisions is not your strong suit, and neither is staying out of cycles.

Both Leith and you seemed to be having problems at the moment so it felt convenient to stay together, despite it being destructive in the long run. However, it did bring some sort of comfort for now.

Cycle n.3: get back with your ex

As if that wasn't enough, you were asked to start producing content to support the "lgbt Rhea" project. God, you hated what they call it and you hated writing those things, but you would do whatever it takes to keep seeing her, even if having your heart as a casualty is what it takes. You like to tell yourself that you'd like it better if things ended abruptly but that is a gigantic lie. deep down you're aware that cutting things off this way would throw you into a very deep hole. Again. Having to come up with all those stories about Rhea and Liv, or Rhea and Cathy, or even Rhea and Dom was really taking a toll on you. And dare you say Rhea was doing her job greatly because even you started to question if she didn't have anything going on with any of them.

You dug your own grave in this one, bitch. You think to yourself.

"Y/N come on, she's head over heels for you, she's just acting and you know it." Sebastian's voice bring you back to the real world.

"We haven't talked in weeks! How can you be so sure? We were nothing back then and we're somehow less than that now."

"Yes, cause you'd rather ignore her than get this dealt with."

"Oh, my god! How many times will I have to tell you that both of us, me and Rhea, decided to wait until we could meet so we could talk?"

"If you really wanted to solve it you'd have solved it already." He sounded a lot like your mom and it made you uneasy.

"Well, if she was head over heels for me like you're so sure she is, then she would've tried too . Not everything is on me, mom " You say the last word bitterly. He noticed.

"I'm sorry"

"It's ok." You sigh, brushing it off. You know he didn't mean to, he was just getting frustrated with the situation too. You continue. "Either way, I shouldn't even be sad about it to begin with. I made a fool of myself thinking we were going to be in a relationship. " You take a sip of your Irish coffee. It's two doses of whisky and one dose of coffee at this point.

"Y/N-" He tries again.

"Sebastian, I barely even sleep anymore, I smoke until my chest feels heavy and I am back with Leith for the millionth time. I really could use some time not thinking about what Rhea and I could've been !" You swear you could start crying at any moment from how stressed you feel. You've been in this daze of circular thoughts for the past weeks, stuck in your old ways and having your sweet anxiety checking-in a million times a days.