Choose me

I hate the taste of this awkward phase

Rhea's POV

It was only a few days later that I woke up with a text on my phone from Y/N.

" i got fired"

"that's why i've been acting weird"

"i didnt mean to push you away. thats just what i do i guess lol"

"it kinda messed me up. i don't want to talk about it but you deserve to know."

"sorry i suck at communicating"

"and that i get stuck."

delivered 4:45AM

seen 8:38AM

I know the situation we are in isn't exactly great with Y/N going through such a downhill haze that she barely talks. The fact that she hasn't been reaching out to me at all makes my stomach burn . The time the message was delivered is just one of the proofs that she hasn't been coming to me even if it is related to her insomnia, which was one of our little traditions: she would use me as a pillow, cuddly bear or literally anything else that she could need to fall asleep. Everything was doing us more harm than good at the moment, hence why when I read the messages I sighed in relief as she at least managed to tell me something. I catch myself smiling a little. I kissed her on the cheek while she was still asleep and whispered in her ear, gently removing a strand of hair from her face.

"Thanks for telling me." I tell her while stroking her cheek with my thumb. The corners of her lips confirmed that she heard me by forming a barely noticeable smile. I feel my heart warm up a little.

Later that morning, the guys from the Judgement Day, me and Y/N's former agency were scheduled to record some stuff so I got up quietly. Once I was done I gave her another peck on my girlfriend's cheek and sent her some messages. I didn't want her to wake up to no words from me.

"I had to leave early and i didn't want to wake you up."

"You looked like you needed some sleep"

"Also because you looked cute af"

"Text me if you need anything"

"Love you."

delivered 10:16AM

When I arrive at the performance centre, I greet the boys and see Sebastian running towards me.

"Rhea, hi!" To say he looks uneasy is an understatement.

"Hey, Seb."

"Please tell me you've heard from Y/N? She hasn't answered me in ages and I wanted to know how she's doing?"

" Heard is a strong word." I emphasize it with a tired sigh.

"Oh, she went apathetic again?"

"Again?" I frown in confusion. "Has this happened before?"

"Everything about her is cyclic but to answer your question: yes, a few times." He takes a sip of his coffee and I look at him with furrowed eyebrows. I think he could see that I wasn't getting his point so he continued before I could ask. "There's not a lot we can do about it though, we just have to wait for her to snap out of it and hope for the best." Hope for the best? My heart sinks.

"Do you think something bad could happen?"

"In the present scenario? No, but apathy would usually be the first sign things were getting pretty bad again so... yeah." I can feel he doesn't want to talk too much about it, I just don't know whether it is because he doesn't know how to properly explain or because it actually isn't his story to tell and he's showing her respect.