06 | I hate him!

"Grab your books, we are going to the other room," Dhruv said as the students entered the study room. "Why, Bhaiya?" one of the students asked. Dhruv looked at him before getting up from his chair. "This room doesn't have a heater, and I don't want my students to freeze in here. Now, let's go."

As the students gathered their books, Dhruv noticed that Kiara was not present, but Vikram was already there. "Kiara hasn't arrived yet?" he asked, gaining Vikram's attention. "Bhaiya, she said she'll be a little late today," he replied.

Dhruv nodded and asked the students to follow him. He led them through the hallway and into a small yet cozy, warm room filled with books, chairs, and desks.

Once everyone settled down, Dhruv began the lesson. He started by reviewing the previous day's topic, going over concepts, and answering any questions the students had. As he explained the new topic for the day, Dhruv saw Kiara peering through the door. A smile threatened to form on his lips, but he quickly wiped it away.

"Kiara, come inside and close the door," Dhruv said, making her flinch at the sudden voice. She smiled at him before entering the room. As the room was small and books were scattered everywhere, she carefully took her steps. Due to her clumsy nature, Kiara slipped and fell near the bench.

Her knee hit the corner of the bench, and she let out a painful groan as Dhruv rushed to her side. "Are you okay?" he asked with concern, though his voice was a little harsh. Dhruv gently helped her up. Kiara winced as she tried to stand, clutching her knee.

"I'm fine, Sir. Just a little bruise," she replied, trying to brush it off.

Dhruv shook his head, his expression filled with worry and a hint of annoyance. "No, let me have a look," he said, guiding Kiara to sit on a nearby chair.

"You're so clumsy!" Dhruv said, his tone a mix of concern and frustration. He retrieved the first aid kit from a nearby shelf and began cleaning and bandaging Kiara's bruised knee.

Kiara, feeling embarrassed and disappointed, kept her head down as Dhruv tended to her injury. She couldn't shake off the feeling that she had let him down.

Once he finished bandaging her knee, he looked up at her face. She was biting her lower lip as if she was trying hard not to cry.

"Dhyan kaha hai tumhara? You're completely careless... You could have asked them to give you some space to walk, but no! Madam wants to find her own way..." he expressed his frustration towards her, and some students laughed either at her or the way he scolded her.

Dhruv didn't know why, but he was scared that something might happen to her. He kept glaring at Kiara's trembling figure, realizing she was embarrassed. He decided to lighten the heavy atmosphere a little.

Clearing his throat, Dhruv folded his arms over his chest. His eyes softened a little. "Seriously, tell me honestly, which planet are you from? Because I don't think you're human at all. Humans have brains that they use... at least they have some common sense. But you, you lack common sense... you don't even have a brain, you brainless creature..."

He said without thinking, hoping to create a funny atmosphere. He laughed a little with the other students, but soon his gaze fell on Kiara, who was clenching her fists on her thighs. A tear slipped from his eye and fell onto the back of her hand...

And that's when Dhruv realized that what he said wasn't funny at all. Kiara looked up at him with teary eyes. "I... I don't care if you're my teacher or not. If you dare speak another word... I swear I'll break your bones for sure," Kiara shouted, disregarding the presence of the other students in the room. How dare he insult her like that!

She hadn't fallen on purpose, and the fact that he made fun of her in front of everyone was both hurtful and humiliating. The other students looked shocked, their eyes wide and mouths agape. They had never seen Kiara so angry before. Dhruv, on the other hand, was taken aback. He hadn't expected such a strong reaction from her.

Dhruv had let his frustration and concern for Kiara get the best of him, and in doing so, he had crossed a line. He walked towards Kiara.

"That's disrespectful! I'm your teacher. You can't shout at me, and I was only concerned about you..."

Couldn't he just apologize for his mistake? No! Of course not, men and their egos...

Kiara, still seething with anger, looked at him with a mix of hurt and frustration. "Just because you're my teacher, it doesn't give you the right to insult me like that. You're supposed to support and encourage me, not belittle me," she said firmly.

"Fine! If you think I was belittling you, then you don't have to come for tuition anymore. Also... you can leave now if you want. Everyone, open your books!"

The room fell silent as the students exchanged uncertain glances, not knowing how to react to the tense situation. Kiara, her face flushed with anger and hurt, stood up from her chair and grabbed her bag.

Dhruv stopped in his tracks, for a moment thinking she would really leave the class. But seeing her head towards the last bench somehow made him sigh in relief. Dhruv watched her lay her head on the desk in front of her, a mix of regret and hurt settling in his chest. He had let his frustration get the best of him, and he had not only hurt Kiara but also shattered her trust in him.

With a heavy heart, Dhruv continued the lesson, trying to regain a sense of normalcy amidst the lingering tension. As he explained the concepts, he couldn't help but feel a sense of emptiness without Kiara's constant questions on the topic.

As the students left the study room, Dhruv and Kiara stayed behind for a moment. She avoided making eye contact with him, quickly packed her bag, and began to leave.

"Make sure to ice your knee and take painkillers if needed," he said, trying to act as if nothing had happened. Kiara listened to him but didn't say anything before leaving the study room. Dhruv stayed behind, staring at the now-empty room, filled with regret and the weight of his actions.