72 | Roka ceremony.

"Look who's here, their family has arrived!" Reshmi exclaimed, gently placing her hands on Kiara's shoulders. Kiara took a deep breath and turned to Reshmi.

"How do I look?" she asked, her nervousness evident. Reshmi smiled warmly, turning Kiara towards the mirror. "You look like a princess, and I'm sure Dhruv sir will treat you like a queen," she reassured, holding her shoulders.

Reshmi continued, "Remember, Kiara, he's been looking forward to this day as much as you have.”

As Kiara took a deep breath, Reshmi handed her a small mirror. "Hey! Where did that big smile of yours go?" Reshmi teased gently, with a slight frown. She then looked at Kiara, who was now smiling.

"Ye hui na baat! You're stunning, Kiara and your smile is the best accessory...”

Kiara blushed at Reshmi's compliment, feeling a mix of excitement and nervousness. The doorbell rang, signaling the arrival of Dhruv and his family.

“Chale?”

Kiara quickly held Reshmi's hand, “mera Dil itna kyun dhadak raha hai?” She whispered, taking deep breaths.

Reshmi chuckled, “that's because your heart is excited to meet its soulmate, now shut up and let's go…”

As Kiara made her way down the stairs, she noticed Dhruv engaged in a conversation with her father. His face lit up with a small smile, but when the soft jingling of anklets and bangles reached his ears, he turned his gaze towards Kiara, who was now standing in front of them.

Kiara gently bent down to touch Dhruv's mother's feet, but she lovingly intervened, "No, dear. Daughters don't touch feets.”

Instead, Dhruv's mother extended her arms, inviting Kiara into a warm embrace. "We share a bond of love, not formality, my dear. Come, let me hug my new daughter." Kiara, touched by the gesture, embraced Dhruv's mother with a small smile. Dhruv couldn't help but smile at them.

"Kiara, sit next to Dhruv on the left side?" Dhruv's sister-in-law said with a warm smile. Kiara, parting from the hug, nodded and took the seat beside Dhruv, their knees gently touching.

Dhruv took a deep breath and softly complimented, "You look beautiful," his words meant only for her ears. Kiara blushed, biting her lower lip, and lowered her head to hide her face.

Dhruv slowly leaned towards her and gently whispered, "I can't believe I'm officially getting to call you mine. By the way, how do I look?”

Kiara glanced at him, her eyes sparkling, "You're not so bad yourself, Dr. Sehgal."

Dhruv teased, "Just 'not so bad'? I was expecting something grander..." He leaned even closer, "You have no idea how much I've missed you these past few days."

Kiara blushed again, "I missed you too…"

“Main nahi manta, dikhao kitna miss Kiya mujhe?”

“Kaise dikhaun?”

“I want a kiss—”

“Nahi milegi—”

“Kya khusur pusur chal Rahi hai? Hume bhi batao!” Dhruv's sister-in-law teased, earning a laugh from everyone.

Dhruv immediately looked away as a blush crept on his neck and face. The roka ceremony started, the families exchange gifts and sweets before the priest conduct blessings to both Kiara and Dhruv for a prosperous and harmonious future.